Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Online database and information system for mungbean germplasm
First Online 12-03-2016|
Online database and information system for mungbean germplasm addresses the data management need in this crop by producing a user-friendly menu driven system that generates data entry forms, queries and reports and maintains a comprehensive database. The basic objective of this experiment was to develop online database and information system for mungbean germplasm, alongwith their characteristics and to analyze relationships between these characteristics. The developed system provides statistical summary for each evaluation descriptor and its various descriptor states. Presently, the database contains data on 550 mungbean germplasm accessions with evaluation for 26 descriptors. It provides secure data storage that can be shared over Intranet of Indian Institute of Pulses Research, Kanpur and will be linked with the website of Indian Institute of Pulses Research, Kanpur for access by genetic resource specialists, breeders and planners to differentiate genetic materials from possible duplications. A user-friendly interface for data entry has been developed for entry of data related to different characters of germplasm. 4 main reports viz., qualitative report, quantitative report, query-based report, and details report have been designed to enable quick and accurate retrieval of data.
- Chen S and Huang SC (2007). The Information System of Genetic Resources of Horticultural Plants in Taiwan. Acta Horticulture (ISHS) 760:603-608.
- Dahiya Shashi, Singh Balbir, Arora Alka and Farooqi Samir (2004). Web based Personnel Management Information System for Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). Journal of the Indian Society of Agri. Statistics 58: 244-252.
- Dahiya Shashi, Vats MR, Dixit Anshu and Sehgal DK (2008). NISLTFE: A web based Information system for Long Term Fertilizer Experiments in India. Journal of the Indian Society of Agri. Statistics 62: 276-282.
- Kumar Sanjeev, Sethi IC and Arora A (2006). On-line Data Management System for Long Term Fertilizer Experiments. Journal of the Indian Society of Agri. Statistics 60: 162-168.
- Kumar Vinod, Singh KH, Chaturvedi KK and Nanjundan J (2013). Design and implementation of web-based database of rapeseed-mustard germplasm using Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP (LAMP) technology. African Journal of Agricultural Research 8: 2733-2743.
- Miliar JF, Hammond JJ and Cosnstock VE (1982). Development of a data management information system for a germplasm collection of flax. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 62: 827-830.
- Morris Craig F and Raykowski James A (1993). WAS: Computer Software for Wheat Quality Data Management. Agronomy Journal 85: 1257-1261.
- Mundankar KY and Karibasappa GS (2008). Information System for Grape Germplasm in India. Acta Horticulture (ISHS) 785: 159-162.
- Pratap, A, Gupta, DS, Singh, BB and Kumar, S (2013). Development of Super Early Genotypes in Greengram [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek]. Legume Research 36:105-110.
- Pratap, A, Malviya, N, Tomar, R, Gupta, DS and Kumar, J (2014). Vigna. In: Pratap, A and Kumar, J (eds.) Alien Gene Transfer in Crop Plants, Volume 2: Achievements and Impacts, Springer Business+ Science Media, New york, USA. 163-190.
- Ravisankar H, Sarala K, Krishnamurthy V and Rao RVS (2009). A software system for tobacco germplasm data. Plant Gene. Resource 7: 139-141.
- Sarkar D and Naik PS (1996). Use of Computer Database to mange an Invitro collection of Potato Germplasm. Plant Genetic Resource Newsletter 106: 20-25.
- Stafne Eric T, Brown James S and Shine James M Jr (2001). A Relational Database for Agronomic and Genealogical Sugarcane Data: An Adaptable Prototype. Agronomy Journal 93: 923-928.
- Tsou, SCS (1979) The role of vegetables in Asian diet. In: Tropical foods: chemistry and nutrition; Proceedings of Volume 2, ed. by Inglett, G.E.; Charalambous, G.; New York: Academic Press. 401-415.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.