Management of emerged weeds in irrigated blackgram (Vigna mungo L.) through post-emergence herbicides
Citation :- Management of emerged weeds in irrigated blackgram (Vigna mungo L.) through post-emergence herbicides .Legume Research.2016.(39):289-292
Field experiments were conducted during summer (April to June), 2010 and 2011 to study the effect of post-emergence herbicides in irrigated blackgram (ADT 5). Treatments comprising of three levels (50, 75 and 100 g /ha) of the post- emergence herbicides viz., Imazethapyr 10% SL and Quizalofop ethyl 5% EC were tested alone and in combination and compared with hand weeding twice on 15 and 30 DAS(farmers’ practice). Herbicides were sprayed on 15 DAS when the weeds were 2-4 leaves stage using flat-fan nozzle as per treatment schedule. The results revealed that minimum total weed density (8.44) and weed dry weight ( 27.2 g/m2) and higher weed control efficiency (84.4%) were obtained under combined application of imazethapyr and quizalofop ethyl as tank mix at 100 g /ha. However, this was comparable with application of both the herbicides at 75g /ha. Application of imazethapyr + quizalofop ethyl each at 75 g/ha registered significantly taller plants, higher dry matter production, more number of pods per plant, seeds per pod and higher grain yield (826 kg/ha), net returns (Rs.26621/ha) and benefit cost ratio (2.76). Thus, application of post- emergence herbicides imazethapyr + quizalofop ethyl each at 75 g /ha as tank mix on 15 DAS could be recommended for controlling of emerged weeds in irrigated blackgram.
- Gomez, K.A and Gomez, A.A. (1984). Statistical Procedure for Agricultural Research. John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Kachhadiya, S.P., Savaliya, J.J. Bhalu, V.B. Pansuriya A.G. and Savaliya, S.G. (2009). Evaluation of new herbicides for weed management in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Legume Res., 32 (4): 293-297.
- Mani,V.S., Mala, M.L., Gautam K.C. and Bhaganandas. (1973). Weed killing chemicals in potato cultivation. Indian Fmg. 23: 17-18.
- Meena D.S., Ram Baldev, Jadon Chaman, Tetarwal J. P. (2011). Efficacy of imazethapyr on weed management in soybean. Indian J. Weed Sci. 43: 169-171.
- Mundra, S.L. and Maliwal, P.L. (2012). Influence of quizalofop-ethyl on narrow-leaved weeds in blackgram and its residual effect on succeeding crops. Indian J. Weed Sci. 44(4): 231–234, 2012
- Rathi, J. P. S., Tewari, A. N. and Kumar, M. (2004). Integrated weed management in blackgram (Vigna mungo L.). Indian. J. Weed Sci. 36 : 218- 220.
- Tiwari D.K., Kewat, M.L. Khan, J.A. and Khamparia. (2007). Evaluation of efficacy of post emergence herbicides in soybean (Glycine max). Indian Journal Agronomy 52 (1) : 74-76.
- Veeraputhiran, R. and Chinnusamy, C. (2008). Performance of time and dose of post emergence herbicide application on relay cropped blackgram. Indian J. Weed Sci. 40 (3&4) : 173-175.
- Yadav, R.P., Yadav, K.S. and Srivastava, U.K. (1997). Integrated weed management in blackgram. Indian Journal Agronomy. 42 (2): 24-26.