Effect of biofertilizers and foliar application of organic acids on yield, nutrient uptake and soil microbial activity in soybean
Citation :- Effect of biofertilizers and foliar application of organic acids on yield, nutrient uptake and soil microbial activity in soybean .Legume Research.2016.(39):256-261
A field experiment was undertaken during kharif 2012 to study effect of biofertilizers and foliar application of organic acids on yield, nutrient uptake and microbial activity of soybean at MARS, Dharwad under rainfed condition. The experiment was laid out in RCBD factorial having twenty treatment combinations and replicated thrice. The treatments comprised of four P-Solubilizers (PSB, VAM, PSB + VAM and Control) and five foliar spray of organic acids (Humic acid, Lecithin, Citric acid, Maleic acid and control). The results revealed that higher seed yield of soybean (35.96 q ha-1) was obtained with the treatment combination of dual inoculation of PSB+VAM with foliar spray of 0.1% humic acid at flower initiation and was higher to an extent 22.5 per cent compared to control (27.90 q ha-1). Similar trend was observed on microbial activity and nutrient uptake (N, P2O5 and K2O) of the soybean crop.
- Chitale, S., Sarawgi, S. K. and Sandeep, (2012), Effect of phosphorus application along with PSB, Rhizobium and VAM on P fractionation and productivity of soybean. Indian J. Agron., 57(1): 55 - 60.
- Dixit, R. S. and Elemathi, (2007), Effect of foliar application of DAP, micronutrients and NAA on growth and yield of green gram (Vigna radiata. L). Legume Res., 30(40): 305-307.
- Fatima, Z., Zia, M. and Chaudhary, M. F., (2007), Interactive effect of Rhizobium strains and P on soybean yield, nitrogen fixation and soil fertility. Pak. J. Bot., 39: 255-264.
- Lee, Y. S. and Bartlett, R. J., (1976), Stimulation of plant growth by humic substances. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 40: 876-879.
- Panse, V. G. and Sukhatme, P. V., (1967), Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers, ICAR., Publication New Delhi, 359.
- Schmidt, R. E. and Zhang, Z., (1998), How humic substances help turfgrass grow. Golf Course Management. 66(7): 65-67.
- Sharma, K. N. and Namdeo. K. N., (1999), Effect of biofertilizer and phosphorus on NPK content, uptake and seed quality of soybean and nutrient status of soil. Crop Res., 17(2): 164-169.
- Son, Diep, C. N., Truong, T. M. and Tran, T. A. T., (2007), Effect of co-inoculants (bradyrhizobia and phosphate solubilizing bacteria) liquid on soybean under rice based cropping system in the mekong delta. Omonrice, 15: 135-143.
- Sharma, U. C., Datta, M. and Sharma, V., (2011), Effect of phosphorus on the yield and nutrient uptake by soybean cultivars on acidic soil. J. Soil Sci., 1: 45-48.