AMMI analysis for stability of chickpea
Citation :- AMMI analysis for stability of chickpea .Legume Research.2016.(39):301-304
Five elite chickpea genotypes along with three check varieties were grown in eight environments during rabi 2011-12 season at Pulses Improvement Project, Mahatma Phule Agricultural University, Rahuri to check their stability. The genotypes were grown in randomized block design with three replications. The AMMI analysis of variance for seed yield clearly indicates that the mean sum of square for genotypes is significant, suggesting broad range of diversity among genotypes. The environmental variances are highly significant for all the characters. G x E mean sum of square was significant for seed yield which indicates that the performance of genotypes was differential over the environments. The proportion of sum of square for G x E for seed yield kg/plot was 26.04 %. Three genotypes viz., Phule G-07102, Phule G-09103 and Digvijay exhibited stable performance over all environment (non-interacting)for seed yield kg/plot. The environments E3 (sowing date 1/11/2011), E4 (sowing date 16/11/2011) and E5 (sowing date 1/12/2011) had good conditions for most of the genotypes while at the same time, the PCA score for these three environments were nearly zero indicating all genotypes produced fairly stable seed yield.
G x E Interaction
- Asenjo, C. A., Bezus, R. and Acciaresi, H. A. (2003). Genotype x environment interaction in rice (Oryza sativa L.) in temperate regions using Joint Regression Analysis and AMMI methods. Cereal Res. Comm., 32 :97-104.
- Crossa, J., Gauch, H. G. and Zobel, R. W. (1990). Additive main effects and multiplicative interactions analysis of two international maize cultivar trials. Crop. Sci., 30 : 493-500.
- Das, S., Misra R. C. and Patnaik, M. C. (2009). G x E interaction of mid-late rice genotypes in LR and AMMI model and evaluation of adaptability and yield stability. Environment and Ecology., 27: 529-535.
- Eberhart, S. A. and Russell, W. A. (1966). Stability parameters for comparing varieties. Crop Sci., 6 : 36-40.
- Gauch, H. G., (1992). Statistical Analysis of Regional Yield Data : AMMI Analysis of Factorial Designs. Amesterdam, Elsevier.
- Hariprasanna, Lal, K. C. and Radhakrishnan, T. (2008). G x E interaction and stability analysis in large seeded genotypes of ground nut. J. Oil seeds Res., 25:126-131.
- Ise, K. Youquan, S., Jishin, L., Kudo, S., Tano, H. and Sunohora Y. (2001). Genotype by environment interaction analysis for rice yield in Yunan ,China Japanese J. Tropical Agric., 45:22-32.
- Mahalingam, L. Mahendran, S., Chandrababau, R. and Atlin, G. (2006). AMMI analysis for stability of grain yield in rice. Int. J.Bot., 2: 104-106.
- McLaren, C. G. and Chaudhary, R. C. (1998). Use of additive main effects and multiplicative Interaction models to analyse multilocation rice varietal trials. Oryza, 34:306-318.
- Mohammadi, R. Mohammad, A., Shabani, A. and Daryaei, A. (2007). Identification of stability and adaptability in advanced durem genotypes using AMMI analysis. Asian J. Plant Sci., 6: 1261-1268.
- Naveed, M. M., Nadeem and Islam, N. (2007). AMMI analysis of some upland cooton genotypes for yield stability in different milieus. World J. Agril. Sci., 3:39-44.
- Pacheco, R. M., Durate, J. B., Vencovsky, R., Pinheiro, J. B. and Oliveira A. B., (2005). Use of Supplementary genotypes in AMMI analysis Theor. Appl. Genet., 110:812-818.
- Pawar, V. Y., Patil H. T. and Patil, 2012 H. S.. AMMI analysis for grain yield stability of pearl millet (Penniseum glaucum L.) genotypes. Indian J. Genet. 72 (1) :79-82.
- Purchase, J. L., (1997). Parametric analysis to describe genotype x environment interaction and yield stability in winter wheat. S. Afr. J. Plant Soil, 17 : 101-107.
- Rubio J., Flores, F., Morneno, M. T., Cubero, J. I. and Gi,l J. (2004). Effects of the erect/bushy habit/single/double pod and late/early flowering genes on yield and seed size and their stability in chickpea. Field crops research, 90 : 255-262.
- Shinde, G.C., Bhingarde, M.T., Khairnar, M.N. and Mehetre, S.S. (2002). AMMI analysis for stability of grain yield of pearl millet( Pennisetum typhoides L.) hybrids. Indian J. Genet., 62 : 215-217.
- Tarakanovas, T. and Ruzgas, V. (2006). Additive main effect and multiplicative interaction analysis of grain yield of wheat varieties in Lithuania. Agro. Res., 4: 91-98.
- Vijay kumar, C. H. M., Ahmed M. I., Viraktamatb, B. C., Balkrishnan, R., and Ramesh, M. S. (2001). Genotypes x environmental effects on yields of rice hybrid in India. India J. Genet., 61: 101-106.
- Zobel, R. W., Madison, J. W. and Gauch, H. G. (1988). Statistical analysis of a yield trial. Agron. J., 80 : 388-393.