Bioefficacy of new ready mixed insecticide (novaluron 5.25% + indoxacarb 4.5%SC) against pigeon pea pod borer (Helicoverpa armigera Hubner)
Citation :- Bioefficacy of new ready mixed insecticide (novaluron 5.25% + indoxacarb 4.5%SC) against pigeon pea pod borer (Helicoverpa armigera Hubner) .Legume Research-An International Journal.2016.(39):135-139
The effect of different treatment schedules of Novaluron 5.25% + Indoxacarb 4.5% SC against pod borer of pigeon pea gave superlative effect over the sole insecticide Novaluron & Indoxacarb & standard check Lamda-cyhalothrin; though, all the treated plots with chemicals were significantly superior in their performance over that of control plots. Among the three selected dose of Novaluron 5.25% + Indoxacarb 4.5% SC (750, 825, 875 ml ha-1); the said chemical @ 875 ml ha-1 was recorded as best in managing Helicoverpa armigera population up to harvesting period (mean 0.03% infested pod of both years), while, @ 825 ml ha-1 also recorded remarkable effect on the target pest. The maximum yield (23.40 q ha-1) was obtained from the plots treated with Novaluron 5.25% + Indoxacarb 4.5% SC @ 875 ml ha-1 closely followed by @ 825 ml ha-1 (22.98 q ha-1). The yield increase was also of high order. Highest cost-benefit ratio (2.07) was recorded in Novaluron 5.25% + Indoxacarb 4.5% SC @ 825 ml ha-1 closely followed by @ 875 ml ha-1.
Novaluron 5.25% + Indoxacarb 4.5% SC
- Dhaka, S.S. et al., (2010). Field evaluation of insecticides and bio-pesticides against Helicoverpa armigera on tomato. Ann. Plant Prot. Sci. 18(1): 13-16.
- Lateef, S.S. and Reed (1983). Review of crop losses caused by insect pest in pigeon pea internationally and in India. Indian J. Entomol. 11: 284 - 91.
- Nandihalli, B.S. (2009). Bioefficacy of newer insecticide molecules against chilli thrips and fruit borers. Karnataka J. Agric. Sci. 22: 591-593.
- Singh, S.S. and Yadav, S.K. (2006). Efficacy and economics of some modern insecticides, bioinsecticides and neem based formulations against pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera, in pigeon pea. Indian J. Entomol. 68(2): 139-143.
- Shivanna, B. K., Girish, M. R., Shruthi, H., Shilpa, M. E., Vikas, H. M., Mallikarjuna, G. B., Harishbabu, S., Shivanna , S., Basavaraj, M. K. (2012). Bioecology and management of bud worm, Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) on tobacco. International J. Sci. Res. 3(4): 892-899.