Efficacy of bioagents, biofertilizers and soil amendments to manage root rot in greengram
Citation :- Efficacy of bioagents, biofertilizers and soil amendments to manage root rot in greengram .Legume Research-An International Journal.2016.(39):140-144
The potential of soil amendaments, bioagents and biofertilizers was evaluated for management of root rot caused by Macrophomina phaseolina (Rhizoctonia bataticola). Bioagents and biofertilizers i.e.Trichoderma harzianum, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Phosphate solubilizing bacteria and Rhizobium phaseoli exhibited significant inhibition of Rhizoctonia bataticola. Maximum inhibition was achieved by Trichoderma harzianum i.e. 80.5%. Compatibility amongst bioagents and biofertilizers were tested in vitro. Amongst them Trichoderma harzianum and Rhizobium phaseoli were found compatible to each other. In green house, seed treatment with the bioagents and biofertilizers and also application of soil amendments recorded good number of nodules. Application of FYM and seed treatment with R. phaseoli at 25 g/kg + P. fluorescens at 10 g/kg recorded maximum number of nodules (15.3). Different seed treatments with soil amendments were used for controlling root rot incidence. Among them (T6) FYM with seed treatment of T. harzianum 4 g/kg seed + PSB at 25 g/kg seed recorded the lowest root rot incidence (26.0%) followed by (T3) R. phaseoli at 25 g/kg seed + P. fluorescens at 10 g/kg seed which recorded 32.0% root rot incidence whereas, maximum incidence of the disease was recorded in the control (83.3%).
Bioagents and Biofertilizers
- Anandaraj, B. and Leema rose Delopierre. (2010). A studies on influence of bioinoculants (Pseudomonas fluroescens, Rhizobium spp., Bacillus megaterium) in green gram.J. Biosci Tech., 1(2) : 95-99.
- Bonanomi, G., Antignani, V., Pane, C. and Scala, F. (2007). Suppression of soil borne fungal diseases with organic amendments. J. of Plant Pathology. 89 (3): 311-324
- Cook, R.J. (1985). Advance in plant health management in the 20th century. Annual Review of Phytopathology.38:95-116.
- Neha Dev and Dawande, A.Y. (2010). Biocontrol of soil borne plant pathogen Rhiozoctonia solani using Trichoderma spp. and Pseudomonas fluorescens. Asiatic. J. Biotech. Res. 01: 39-44
- Ebenezer, E. G. and Yesuraja, I. (2000). Effect of fungal and bacterial antagonist on Macrophomina phaseolina (Tassi) Goid causing root rot in green gram. J. of Tropical Agri., 38(1/2): 73-76.
- Elad, Y., Zvieli, Y., and Chet, I. (1986). Biological control of Macrophomina phaseolina (Tassi) Goid by Trichoderma harzianum. Crop Protection.5:288-292.
- Guetsky, R., Stienberg, D., Elad, Y., Fischer, E. and Dinoor, A. 2002. Improving biological control by combining biocontrol agents each with several mechanisms of disease suppression. Phytopathology. 92:976-985.
- Klein Eyal. (2011). Suppression of soil borne pathogens following organic amendments and soil solarization. Ph. D Thesis submitted to the Senate of Herbrew University.PP.125.
- Kundu, B.S. (1998). Establishment of nitrogen fixing and phosphate solubilizing bacteria in rhizosphere and their effect on yield and nutrient uptake of wheat crop.Pl. Sci., 57:223-230.
- Lokesha, N.M. and Benagi, V.I. (2007).Biological Management of pigeon pea dry root rot caused by M. phaseolina. Karnataka J. Agric Sci., 20(1):54-56.
- Lukade,G.M. (1992).Reaction of some safflower varieties to Alternaria leaf spot. Madras Agril. J. 72 (4):240.
- Mansoor, F., Sultana, V. and S.Ehteshanul H. (2007). Enhancement of biocontrol potential of Pseudomonas arruginosa and Paecilomyces lilacenus against root rot of Mungbean by medicinal plant. Pak.J.Bot. 39(6):2113-2119.
- Muthukrishnan, K. (1989).Studies on Macrophomina root rot in rice fallow urd bean (Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper) M.Sc.(Agri)Thesis. Tamilnadu Agricultural University.Coimbtore.76p.
- Natrajan, S. and Rao, C.P. (1996). Management of sugarcane red rot disease in Tamil Nadu. Indian Sugar. 37 :413-418.
- Shankar, P. and Jeyarajan, R. (1996). Biological control of sesamum root rot by seed treatment with Trichoderma spp. and Bacillus subtilis. Indian J. Mycol. Pl. Pathol., 26(2) : 217.
- Singh, S.P., Singh, H.B. and Singh, D.K. (2013). Trichoderma harzianum and Pseudomonas sp. mediated management of Sclerotium rolfsii rot in Tomato (Lycopersicon esculantum).The Bioscan.8 (3):801-804.
- Singh, Surender. Chand, Hari and Varma, Kishore P. (2008). Screening of bioagents against root rot of mung bean caused by Rhizoctonia solani. Legume Res., 31 (1): 75 – 76.
- Yadav Sudheer Kumar, Anushree Dave, Ankita Sarkar, Singh Harikesh Bahadur and Sarma Birinchi Kumar. (2013). Co-inoculated biopriming with Trichoderma, Pseudomonas and Rhizobium improves crop growth in Cicer arietinum and Phaseolus vulgaris. International Journal of Agriculture, Environment & Biotechnology. 6 (2):255-259.