Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Genotypic variability in seed storage protein quality and fatty acid Composition of soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill]
First Online |
- Adachi, M., Kanamori, J., Masuda, T., Yagasaki, K., Kitamura, K. and Mikami, B. (2003). Crystal structure of soybean 11S globulin: glycinin A3B4 homohexamer. Pror. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA., 100: 7395-7400.
- Adachi, M., Takenaka, Y., Gidamis, A.B., Mikami, B. and Utsumi, S. (2001). Crystal structure of soybean proglycinin A1aB1b homotrimer. J. Mol. Biol., 305: 291-305.
- A.O.A.C. (2000). Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, D.C. Arslanoglu, F., Aytac, S. and Oner, E.K. (2011). Effect of genotype and environment interaction on oil and protein content of soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merrill) seed. Afr. J. Biotech., 10: 18409-18417.
- Beilinson, V., Chen, Z., Shoemaker, R.C., Fischer, R.L., Goldberg, R.B. and Nielsen, N.C. (2002). Genomic organization of glycinin genes in soybean. Theor. Appl. Genet., 104: 1132-1140.
- Carrao Panizzi, M.C., Kwanyuen, P., Erhan, S.Z. and Lopes, I O.N. (2008). Genetic variation and environmental effects on beta-conglycinin and glycinin content in Brazilian soybean cultivars. Pesq. Agropec. Bras. Brasília., 43(9): 1105-1114.
- Christie, W.W. (1972). Lipid analysis. Pergamon Press, New York. pp 52-56.
- Clemente, T.E. and Cahoon, E.B. (2009). Soybean oil: genetic approaches for modification of functionality and total content. Plant Physiol., 151: 1030-1040.
- Fehr, W.R., Joseph, A.H., Susan, L J., Patricia, A M., Joel, D.N., Gabe, I.P. and Grace, A.W. (2003). Genotype and environment influence on protein components of soybean. Crop. Sci., 43: 511-514.
- Folch, J., Less, M. and Sloane-Stanley, G.H. (1957). A simple method for isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues. J. Biol. Chem., 226:497-509.
- Gaitonde, M.K. (1967). A spectrophotometric method for the direct determination of cysteine in the presence of other naturally occurring amino acids. J. Biochem., 104: 627-633.
- Horn, M. J., Jones, B. and Blum, A.E. (1946). Colorimetric determination of methionine in protein and food. J. Biol. Chem., 166:313-320.
- Krishnan, H.B. (2000). Biochemistry and molecular biology of soybean seed storage proteins. J. New Seeds, 2: 1-25.
- Krishnan, H.B., Natarajan, S.S., Mahmoud, A.A. and Nelson, R.L. (2007). Identification of glycinin and â-conglycinin subunits that contribute to the increased protein content of high-protein soybean lines. J. Agric. Food Chem., 55: 1839-1845.
- Laemmli, U.K. (1970). Cleavage of structural protein during the assembly of the heads of bacteriophage T4. Nature, 227: 680-685.
- Lowry, O.H., Rosebrough, N. and Farr, A.R. (1951). Protein measurement with the folin-phenol reagent. J. Biol. Chem., 193: 265-275.
- Maestri, D.M., Labuckas, D.O., Meriles, J.M., La- marques, A.L., Zygadlo, J.A. and Guzman, C.A. (1998). Seed composition of soybean cultivars evaluated in different environmental regions. J. Sci. Food Agric., 77: 494-498.
- Murphy, P.A. and Ressureccion, A.P. (1984). Varietal and environmental differences in soybean glycinin and b conglycinin content. J. Agric. Food Chem., 32: 911-915.
- Pesic, M.B., Vucelic-Radovic, B.V., Barac, M.B. and Stanojevic, S.P. (2005). The influence of genotypic variation in protein composition on emulsifying properties of soy proteins. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 82: 667-672.
- Poysa, V., Woodrow, L. and Yu, K. (2006). Effect of soy protein subunit composition on tofu quality. Food Res. Int., 39: 309-317.
- Thanh, V.H. and Shibasaki, K. (1978). Major proteins of soybean seeds. Subunit structure of â- conglycinin. J. Agric. Food Chem., 26: 692-695.
- Yaklich, R.W. (2001). b-conglycinin and glycinin in high-protein soybean seeds and their relationship with tofu quality. J. Agric. Food Chem., 49: 729-735.
- Zarkadas, C.G., Gagnon, C., Gleddie, S., Khanizadeh, S., Cober, E.R. and Guillemette, R.J.D. (2007). Assessment of the protein quality of fourteen soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr.] cultivars using amino acid analysis and two-dimensional electrophoresis. Food Res. Int., 40:129-146.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.