Genetic diversity based on molecular markers in Grasspea (Lathyrus sativus L.)
Citation :- Genetic diversity based on molecular markers in Grasspea (Lathyrus sativus L.).Legume Research.2015.(38):43-46
The present investigation for finding out genetic diversity at molecular level in 48 genotypes of grasspea using 24 ISSR markers. Out of 24 ISSR markers involved, 12 ISSR markers showed polymorphism which were used for diversity analysis. The selected genotypes were distributed into two major clusters having 0.61 similarity coefficient. The similarity coefficient of major clusters ranged from 0.61 to 0.92. Among 48 genotypes RLK-466 and RLK-637 were most similar with a similarity coefficient of 0.92 and genotypes BIO-L-203 and RLK-120 were the least similar with similarity coefficient of 0.63. So, these genotypes should be further used in the breeding programme for developing better varieties.
- Anonymous (2011). Department of Agriculture Chhattisgarh, Rabi Pulses Crops Progress report, Raipur, C.G.
- Ben Brahim, N., Boussaid, M. and Marrakchi, M. (1990). Analyse de la biologie florale chez trois espèces annuelles de Lathyrus. Ann. Inst. Nat. Rech. Agr. Tunisie, 63:15-21.
- Brown, A.H.D. (1978). Isozyme, plant population genetic structure and genetic conservation. Theor. Appl. Genet., 52:145-157.
- Chtourou-Ghorbel, N., Lauga, B., Combes, D. and Marrakchi, M. (2001). Comparative genetic diversity studies in the genus Lathyrus using RFLP and RAPD markers. Lathyrus Lathyrism Newsletter, 2:62-68.
- Galvan, M.Z., Aulicino, M.B., Medina, S.G. and Balatti, P.A. (2001). Genetic diversity among Nortwestern Argentinian cultivars of common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) as revealed by RAPD markers. Genet. Resour. Crop Evol., 48(3):251-260.
- Greene, S.L., Gritsenko, M. and Vandewark, G. (2004). Relating morphological and RAPD marker variation to collection site environment in wild populations of Red Clover (Trifolium pratense L.). Genet. Resour. Crop Evol., 51(6):643-653.
- Guillemant, P. and Laurence, M.D. (1992). Isolation of Plant DNA: A fast, inexpensive and reliable method. Plant Mol. Biol. Report, 10:60-65.
- Karp, A., Seberg, O. and Buiatti, M. (1996). Molecular techniques in the assessment of botanical diversity. Ann. Bot., 78:143-149.
- Narayan, R.K.J. (1986). DNA changes in chromosome differentiation and evolution in Lathyrus. In: “Lathyrus and Lathyrism”. Kaul AK, Combes D (Eds.). Third World Medical Research Foundation, New York, pp. 67-79.
- Nienhuis, J., Slocum, M.K., DeVos, D.A. and Muren, R. (1993). Genetic similarity among Brassica oleracea L. genotypes as measured by restriction fragment length polymorphisms. J. Am. Soc. Hort. Sci., 118(2):298-303.
- Noli, E., Salvi, S. and Tuberosa, R. (1997). Comparative analysis of genetic relationships in barley based on RFLP and RAPD markers. Genome, 40:607-616.
- Paul, S., Wachira, F.N., Powell, W. and Waugh, R. (1997). Diversity and genetic differentiation among populations of Indian and Kenyan tea (Camellia sinensis L.) O. Kuntze) by AFLP markers. Theor. Appl. Genet., 94:255-263.
- Pengelly, B.C. and Liu, C.J. (2001). Genetic relationships and variation in the tropical mimosoid legume Desmanthus assessed by random amplified polymorphic DNA. Genet. Resour. Crop Evol., 48(1):93-101.
- Soltis, P.S, Soltis, D.E. and Doyle, J.J. (1992). Molecular systematics of plants. Chapman and Hall, New York.
- Tanksley, S.D. (1983). Molecular markers in plant breeding. Plant Mol. Biol. Report, 1(1):3-8.
- Yee, E., Kidwell, K., Sills, G.R. and Lumpkin, T.A. (1999). Diversity among selected Vigna angularis (Azuki) accessions on the basis of RAPD and AFLP markers. Crop Sci., 39:268-275.
- Yunus, A.G. and Jackson, M.T. (1991). The gene pools of the grasspea (Lathyrus sativus L.). Plant Breeding, 106:319-328.