Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
COMBINING ABILITY STUDIES TO IDENTIFY CROSSES AND GOOD COMBINERS FOR DEVELOPING NEW GENOTYPES FOR YIELD AND WATER USE EFFICIENCY TRAITS IN GROUDNUT (ARACHIS HYPOGAEA L.)
First Online |
- Adamu, A.K., Olorunju, P.E., Ado, S.G. and Alabi, S.O. (2008) General and specific combining ability for rosette resistance, early maturity and other agronomic traits in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Int. J. Pure and Appl. Sci., 2 (1):33-41.
- Bansal, U.K., Satija, D.R. and Gupta. (1998). Combining ability for yield in inter and intra growth habit crosses in groundnut. Crop Sci., 38:44-49.
- Basu, M.S., Vaddoria, M. A., Singh, N. P. and Reddy, P. S. (1987) Combining ability for yield and its components in a diallel cross of groundnut. Indian J. of Agric. Sci., 57: 82-84.
- Blum, A. (1988) Plant Breeding for Stress Environments. Boca Raton, Florida, CRC Press.
- Dwivedi, S. L., Nigam, S. N., Chandra, S. and Ramraj, V. M. (1998) Combining ability of biomass and harvest index under short and long-day conditions in groundnut. Annals of Appl. Biol. 133 (2): 237-244.
- Dwivedi, S. L., Thendapani, K. and Nigam, S. N. (1989) Heterosis and combining ability studies and relationship among fruit and seed characters in peanut. Peanut Sci., 16: 14-20.
- Ganesan, K. N., Paneerselvam, R. and Manivannan, N. (2010) Identification of crosses and good combiners for developing new genotypes in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Electronic J. of Plant breeding 1 (2): 167-172.
- Griffing, B. (1956) Concept of general and specific combining ability in relation to diallel crossing system. Australian J. Biological Sci., 9: 463-493.
- Habib, A. F., Joshi, M. S., Kullaiswamy, B. Y. and Bhat, B. N. (1985). Combining ability estimates in peanuts (Arachis hypogaea L.). Indian J. Genet. and Plant Breeding 45: 236-239.
- Jivani, L. L., Khanpara, M. D., Kachhadia, V. H. and Vacchani, J. H. (2009) Combining ability for pod yield and its components in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L). Int. J. Agric. Sci., 5 (1): 248-250.
- Jogloy, S., Tula, W. and Kesmala, T. (2005) Combining ability analysis and phenotypic correlation of nodule parameters and agronomic traits in peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Songklanakarin J. Sci. Tech., 27 (2): 213-221.
- Lawn, R. J. (1989) Agronomic and physiological constraint to productivity in the tropical grain legumes, and opportunities for improvement. Experimental Agric., 25:509-528.
- Makne, V. G. (1992). Diallel analysis for studying the inheritance of branches, developed pods and harvest index in groundnut. J. Maharastra Agric. Univ., 17: 153-154.
- Makne, V. G. and Bhale, N. L. (1989) Inheritance of pod yield and its components in groundnut. J. Maharastra Agric. Univ., 14: 30-33.
- Manivannan, N., Muralidharan, V. and Motilal, A. (2008) Combining ability analysis in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Madras Agric. J., 95 (1-6):14-17.
- Mothilal, A. and Ezhil, A. (2010) Combining ability analysis for yield and its components in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L). Electronic J. Plant Breed., 1 (2): 162-166.
- Nadaf, H. L., Habib, A. F., Sresh, S., Patil. and Syed Sadaqat. (1988) Heterosis and combining ability studies in groundnut. J. Oilseeds Res., 5: 7-15.
- Nisar Ahmed. (1995) Heterosis, combining ability and inter relationships among yield and yield attributes in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, Hyderabad, India.
- Parmar, D. L., Kumar, A. L. R. and Bharodia, P. S. (2000) Genetic analysis of pod and seed characters in crosses of large seeded Virginia genotypes of groundnut. Int. Arachis Newsletter, No. 20, 10-11.
- Rekha, D., Savithramma, D. L., Shankar, A. G. and Marappa, N. (2009) Combining ability studies for growth and yield traits in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L). Environment and Ecology 27 (1): 117-120.
- Rudraswamy P, Nehru S.D, Kulkarni R.S and Manjunath A (1999) Estimation of genetic variability and inbreeding depression in six crosses of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Mysore J. Agric. Sci., 33 (2): 248-252.
- Sateera Banu, S. (1992) Line x Tester analysis of the combining ability, heritability and character association in the F4 generation of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Andhra Pradesh Agricultural Univeristy, Hyderabad.
- Savithramma, D. L., Rekha, D. and Sowmya, H. C. (2010) Combining ability studies for growth and related traits in groundut (Arachis hypogaea L). Electronic J. Plant Breed., 1 (4): 1010-1015.
- Sharma, L. K. and Gupta, S. C. (2008) Combining ability analysis in groundut (Arachis hypogaea L). Res.on Crops 9 (2): 375-379.
- Suresh Kumar, S. (1993) Studies on combining ability, variability and interrelationship in 15 F3 progenies of 6 x 6 diallel of groundnut. M.Sc (Ag.) Thesis APAU, Hyderabad.
- Upadhyaya, H. D., Gopal, K., Nadaf, H. L. and Vijaya Kumar, S. (1992) Combining ability studies for yield and its components in groundnut. Indian J. Genet. and Plant Breed., 52: 1-6.
- Varman, P. V. (2000) Combining ability estimates in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) Madras Agric. J., 87 (6-9): 462-466.
- Varman, P. V. and Raveendran, T. S. (1994) Line x Tester analysis of combining ability in groundnut. Madras Agric. J., 81: 529-532.
- Venkateswarlu, O., Raja Reddy, K., Reddy, P. V., Vasanthi, R. P., Hariprasad Reddy, K. and Eswara Reddy, N. P. (2007) Character association and path analysis for morphophysiological traits in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). J. Oilseeds Res., 24 (1): 20-22.
- Vindhyavarman, P. (2000) Combining ability estimates in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Madras Agric. J., 87: 462-466.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.