IDENTIFICATION OF HETEROTIC HYBRIDS FOR SEED YIELD AND ITS ATTRIBUTING TRAITS IN PIGEONPEA
Citation :- IDENTIFICATION OF HETEROTIC HYBRIDS FOR SEED YIELD AND ITS ATTRIBUTING TRAITS IN PIGEONPEA.Legume Research-An International Journal.2013.(36):355-358
Heterosis for seed yield and its components were estimated in 40 crosses obtained by crossing 4 female lines with ten male testers in LXT fashion. BSMR-736 and ICPH-2671 were used as standard checks. The analysis of variance revealed significant differences among the parents and hybrids for all the characters studied. Non-additive gene effects were predominant for all the characters, except for days to 50% flowering. The crosses ICPL-3406 x BSMR-23, ICPL-20106 x ICPR-3477, ICPL-3450 x AKT-9913 were best crosses showed high heterosis over mid parents and better parent for grain yield/plant respectively, with 144.98 and 61.31 over the standard check BSMR-736 and ICPH-2671 respectively for grain yield plant.
- Acharya, S., J.B. Patel, C.J. Tank and A.S. Yadav, (2009). Heterosis and combining ability studies Indo-African crosses of pigeonpea. J. Food Legumes, 22 (2): 91-95.
- Aher, G.U., I.A. Madrap, M.A. Tike and D.R. Gore (2006). Heterosis and inbreeding depression in pigeonpea. J.Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 31(1): 33-37.
- Deshmukh,R.B., R.G. Rodge, J.V. Patil and D.V. Sahane. (2007). Heterosis for yield and yield components in relation to cropping system in pigeonpea. Legume Res., 24 (2): 101-104.
- Fonesea, S. and Patterson. F.L. (1968). Hybrid vigour in a seven parental diallel cross in common winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) Crop Science. 8:85-88
- Pandey, N. (1999). Heterosis and combining ability in pigeonpea. Legume Res., 22 (3): 147-151.
- Pandey, N. (2004). Line x tester analysis in long duration hybrid pigeonpea. Legume Res., 27 (2): 79-87.
- Reddy Sekhar, M., S.P. Singh, R.B. Mehra and J.N. Govil. (2004). Combining ability and heterosis in early maturing pigeonpea hybrids. Indian J. Genet., 64 (3): 212-216.
- Sarode, S.B, M.N. Singh and U.P. Singh (2009). Heterosis in long duration pigeonpea. International J. Plant Sciences. 4 (1) : 106-108.
- Verulkar, S.B. and D.P. Singh. (1997). Heterosis in pigeonpea. International Chickpea and Pigeonpea Newsletter. 4 :33-34