Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
The effect of moisture content on physical, mechanical and rheological properties of soybean (Glycine max cv. ATAEM-II) seed
First Online |
- Abdullah, M.H.R.O., Ch’ng, P.E. and Lim, T.H. (2011). Some physical properties of Parkia speciosa seeds. International Conference on Food Engineering and Biotechnology 9: 43-47.
- Aghkhani, M.H., Miraei Ashtiani, S.H., Baradaran Motie, J. and Abbaspour-Fard, M.H. (2012). Physical properties of Christmas Lima bean at different moisture content. International Agrophysics 26: 341-346.
- Alibas, I.and Koksal, N. (2012). The determination of several physical, gravimetric and frictional seed properties of melon cultivars. Cucurbitaceae 2012 Proceedings of the Xth EUCARPIA Meeting on Genetics and Breeding of Cucurbitaceae, 10: 482-486.
- ASAE, (1997). S352.2 Moisture measurement – unground grain and seeds. Am. Soc. Agric. Eng., St. Joseph, MI, USA.
- Aviara, N.A., Power, P.P. and Abbas, T. (2013). Moisture-dependent physical properties of Moringa oleifera seed relevant in bulk handling and mechanical processing.Industrial Crops and Products 42: 96-104.
- Balasubramanian, S., Singh, K.K. and Kumar, R. (2012). Physical properties of coriander seeds at different moisture content. International Agrophysics 26: 419-422.
- Barnwal, P., Kadam, D.M. and Singh, K.K. (2012). Influence of moisture content on physical properties of maize. International Agrophysics 26: 331-334.
- Burubai, W., Amula, E., Davies, R.M., Etekpe, G.W.W. and Daworiye, S.P. (2008). Determination of Poisson’s ratio and elastic modulus of African nutmeg (Monodora myristica). International Agrophysics 22: 99-102.
- Gairola, K.C., Nautiyal, A.R. and Dwivedi A.K. (2011). Effect of temperatures and germination media on seed germination of Jatropha Curcas linn. Advanced Bioresearch 2(2): 66-71.
- Izli, N., Unal, H. and Sincik, M. (2009). Physical and mechanical properties of rapeseed at different moisture content. International Agrophysics 23: 137-145.
- Jaliliantabar, F., Lorestani, A.N. and Gholami, R. (2013). Physical properties of kumquat fruit. International Agrophysics 27: 107-109.
- Kara, M., Bastaban, S., Öztürk, I., Kalkan, F. and Yildiz, C. (2012). Moisture-dependent frictional and aerodynamic properties of safflower seeds. International Agrophysics 26: 203-205.
- Karaj, S. and Müller, J. (2010). Determination of physical, mechanical and chemical properties of seeds and kernels of Jatropha curcas L. Industrial Crops and Products 32: 129-138.
- Kareem, I., Owolarafe, O.K. and Ajayi, O.A. (2013). Moisture-dependent physical properties of Kola nut (Cola nitida) seed. Food and Bioprocess Technology 6: 2938-2942.
- Kibar, H. and Öztürk, T. (2008). Physical and mechanical properties of soybean. International Agrophysics 22: 239-244.
- Kusvuran A. 2015. The effects of salt stress on the germination and antioxidative enzyme activity of Hungarian vetch (Vicia pannonica Crantz.) varieties. Legume Research, 38(1): 51-59.
- Mohsenin, N.N. (1986). Physical properties of plant and animals materials. New York, USA: Gordon Breach Science Press.
- Molenda, M. and Stasiak, M. (2002). Determination of the elastic constants of cereal grains in a uniaxial compression test. International Agrophysics 16: 61-65.
- Razavi, S.M.A., Yeganehzad, S. and Sadeghi, A. (2009). Moisture dependent physical properties of canola seeds. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology 11: 309-322.
- Shirkole, S.S., Kenghe, R.N. and Nimkar, P.M. (2011). Moisture dependent physical properties of soybean. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 3(5): 3807-3815.
- Singh, K.K., Mridula, D., Barnwal, P. and Rehal, J. (2012). Physical and chemical properties of flaxseed. International Agrophysics 26: 423-426.
- Sitkei, G., (1986). Mechanics of agricultural materials. Budapest, Hungary: Akademia Kiado.
- Solomon, W.K. and Zewdu, A.D. (2009). Moisture-dependent physical properties of niger(Guizotia abyssinica Cass.) seed. Industrial Crops and Products 28: 165-170.
- Taheri-Garavand, A., Nassiri, A. and Gharibzahedi, S.M.T. (2012). Physical and mechanical properties of hemp seed. International Agrophysics 26: 211-215.
- Tavakoli, H., Rajabipour, A. and Mohtasebi, S.S. (2009). Moisture-dependent some engineering properties of soybean grains. Agricultural Engineering International: The CIGR Ejournal. Manuscript 1110. Vol. XI. February 2009.
- Üçer, N., Kiliçkan, A. and Yalçin, I. (2010). Effects of moisture content on some physical properties of red pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) seed. African Journal of Biotechnology 9(24): 3555-3562.
- Ünal, H., Alpsoy, H.C. and Ayhan, A. (2013). Effect of the moisture content on the physical properties of bitter gourd seed. International Agrophysics 27: 455-461.
- Yalçin, I. (2007). Physical properties of cowpea (Vigna sinensis L.) seed. Journal of Food Engineering 79: 57-62.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.