HETEROSIS FOR YIELD AND YIELD COMPONENTS IN GREENGRAM [Vigna radiata ( L.) Wilczek]
Citation :- HETEROSIS FOR YIELD AND YIELD COMPONENTS IN GREENGRAM [Vigna radiata ( L.) Wilczek].Legume Research.2011.(34):207 - 211
A set of 20 crosses involving nine parents was studied to get information on the extent of heterosis over better parent (BP) and mid parent (MP) for yield and yield contributing characters in greengram. The maximum better parent heterosis for seed yield was observed to be 149.71% and that of mid parent found to be 159.69%. The crosses showing heterosis for seed yield was not heterotic for all the characters. PUSA 9672 x WGG 2, PUSA 9672 x TARM 21, PUSA 9672 x LGG 407, MGG 341 x LGG 407 and LGG 460 x LGG 407 hybrids were identified as promising for many desirable traits and they may be useful in exploiting hybrid vigour in greengram.
Greengram. Yield components.
- Dathe, A.M. and Patil, J. V. ( 2008). Heterosis studies in mungbean [Vigna radiata ( L.) Wilczek]. Legume Res. 31: 1, 36-39.
- Kuldeep Tyagi Tomer, A.K. Singh,V.K. and Rajeshwar Nandan. ( 2006). Heterosis and inbreeding depression in mungbean. Legume Res. 7 : 2, 459-460.
- Patel, M. Patel, B.N. Savaliya, J.J. and Tikka, S.B.S. ( 2009). Heterosis and genetic architecture of yield, yield attributing traits and yellow mosaic virus in mungbean. Legume Res. 32: 4, 260-264.
- Priyanka Vyas Vishwakarma, D. N. and Singh, P. K. (2008). Heterosis and combining ability for grain yield and its components in mungbean. Progressive Res. 3: 2 123-125.
- Sanjay Kumar Sharma, Naik, M.R. and Vashi, P. S. (2007). Heterosis for yield and yield attributes in mungbean. J. Food Legume. 20: 2, 203-204.
- Sirohi, S.P.S. Gaurav, S.S. Singh, S. P. and Yadav, R (2008) Heterosis in mungbean. Progressive Res. 3: 1, 35-37.