GENETIC DIVERGENCE IN DOLICHOS BEAN (Dolichos lablab L.)
Citation :- GENETIC DIVERGENCE IN DOLICHOS BEAN (Dolichos lablab L.).Legume Research.2011.(34): 146 - 148
The experimental material comprised of 32 genotypes of dolichos bean (Dolichos lablab L.). Yield and its eight contributing characters were measured by Mahalanobis’s D2 analysis. Thirty two genotypes were grouped into five clusters and the highest intra cluster distance was observed for cluster III followed by cluster V, cluster IV and cluster II. The highest inter cluster distance was observed between the clusters III and cluster I followed by cluster IV and I and cluster V and I . The minimum inter cluster distance was noted in between IV and II. Mean performance of individual cluster for different character were showed that cluster I is most suitable to select better genotypes for number pod per inflorescence and green pod yield per plant The genotypes collected from same geographical location fall in different clusters, revealed that geographical distance does not contribute to genetic divergence.
- Baswana, K.S., Pandita, M.L., Partap, P. S. and Dhankhar, B.S. (1980) Genetic divergence for yield and its components in Indian bean (Dolichos lablab var. lignosus L.). Haryana J. Hort. Sci., 9 (3/4):, 184-187.
- Borah, H.K. and Khan, A.K.F. (2001) Genetic divergence in fodder cowpea (Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp.). Madras Agri. J., 88 (10/12): 625-628.
- Golani, I.J., Naliyadhara, M.V., Mehta, D.R., Purohit, V.L. and Pandya, H.M. (2006) Genetic divergence in Indian bean (Lablab purpureus L.) Legume Res., 29 (4):286-288.
- Mahalanobis, P.C. (1936) On the generalized distance in statistics. Proc. Nat. Inst. Sci., India, 21 : 49-55.
- Mohan, N. and Aghora, T. S. (2006). Variability, diversity and distribution of Dolichos (Lablab purpureus L.) Landraces in the Central Districts of Tamil Nadu. National Symposium on under utilized Horticultural Crops, 113.