DEVELOPMENT OF RAPD/SCAR MARKER FOR YELLOW MOSAIC DISEASE RESISTANCE IN BLACKGRAM
Citation :- DEVELOPMENT OF RAPD/SCAR MARKER FOR YELLOW MOSAIC DISEASE RESISTANCE IN BLACKGRAM.Legume Research-An International Journal.2011.(34):129 - 133
A total of 130 random oligonucleotide primers were surveyed to identify yellow mosaic resistant genotypes in blackgram. Primer OPQ-1525 was found to produce a consistent marker, which differentiated resistant genotype from susceptible genotype. An identified random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) marker, OPQ-1, linked to YMV resistant was cloned and sequenced. Their end sequences were used to design an allele-specific sequence characterized amplicon region primer SCAR (20f/r). The marker designed was amplified at a specific site of 532bp only in resistant genotypes. This would help for screening different genotypes and segregating generations in marker-assisted breeding programme.
- Gupta S., S.Kumar., R.A.Singh and S.Chandra 2005 Identification of a single dominant gene for resistance to mungbean yellow mosaic virus in blackgram (Vigna mungo(L.)Hepper ) SABRO J, 37(2): 85-89
- Melotto, M., Afanador L. and J.D.Kelly 1996. Development of a SCAR marker linked to the I gene in common bean. Genome, 39: 1212-1219
- Murray, M.G. and W.F.Thompson, 1986. Rapid isolation of high molecular weight plant DNA. Nucleic Acid Res, 8: 4321-4325
- Naqvi, N.I. and B.B. Chattoo, 1996. Development of SCAR based indirect selection method for dominant blast resistance gene in rice. Genome, 39: 26-30
- Singh,A.., A. Sirohi and K.S Panwar 1998 Inheritance of mungbean yellow mosaic virus resistance in urdbean (Vigna mungo).Indian J.Virol,14:89-90
- Souframanien.J. and T.Gopalakrishna 2006 ISSR and SCAR markers linked to the mungbean yellow mosaic virus resistance gene in blackgram (Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper )Plant Breeding, 125:619-622
- Sambrook.J FritschE.F and Maniatis T 1989"Molecular Cloning,a laboratory manual 2nd ed Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. Cold Spring Harbor, New York,USA
- Verma R.P.S. and D.P.Singh 1989 Inheritance of Resistance to mungbean yellow mosaic virus in blackgram. Indian J.Genet., 49(3) :321-324
- Williams, J.G.K., Kubelik, A.R., Livak, K.J., Rafalsi J.A. and S.V. Tingey, 1990. DNA polymoephisms amplified by arbitary primres are useful as genetic markers. Nucleic Acid Res, 18: 6531-6535.
- Zhag. Y. and J.R. Stommet, 2001. Development of SCAR and CAPS markers linked to the Beta gene in tomato. Crop Sci., 41: 1602-1608.