ESTIMATION OF YIELD LOSSES DUE TO MAJOR INSECT PESTS OF GROUNDNUT IN GUJARAT
Citation :- ESTIMATION OF YIELD LOSSES DUE TO MAJOR INSECT PESTS OF GROUNDNUT IN GUJARAT.Legume Research.2012.(35):354 - 356
Studies on estimation of yield losses of groundnut due to major insect pests revealed that the highest pod (1367 kg/ha) and fodder (2947 kg/ha) yield as well as CBR of 1: 6.51 was obtained in the plot sprayed with dimethoate 0.03%, chlorpyriphos 0.05 %, profenophos 0.05 % and profenophos 40 % + cypermethrin 4 % % 0.044% at 15 days interval starting from 20 days after sowing till harvest of the crop. The avoidable yield loss due to major insect pests of groundnut was recorded to the tune of 48.57 % in pod and 42.11 % in fodder in untreated control plot. The data on yield in protected plots revealed that 94.45 % additional yield in pod and 72.74 % additional yield in fodder could be realized over unprotected plots.
- Amin, P. W. and Mohmad, (1980). Groundnut Research at ICRISAT. Proceedings of the International workshop on
- Groundnut, 13-17 October, Patancheru, A. P., India. pp. 158-166.
- Anonymous (2008a). Food and Agricultural organization database, http://www.faostate.fao.org.
- Anonymous (2008b). Directorate of Agriculture, Gujarat State, Gandhinagar. pp. 16.
- Baraiya, K. P. (2000). Population dynamics, varietal screening and chemical control of jassid (Empoasca kerri Pruthi) on groundnut M. Sc. (Agri.) Thesis Gujarat Agricultural University, Sardarkrushinagar. pp. 85.
- Kennedy, F. J. S.; Rajamanickam, K.; Balagurunathan, R. and Lourduraj, A. C. (1992). Yield loss due to insect pests
- and their control in groundnut. Groundnut News. 4(2): 7.
- Marwoto (1998). Pest control strategy of leaf defoliator insects, thrips and Empoasca sp. on groundnut. In: Proceeding
- of National Seminar on the prospect of groundnut agribusiness development in Indonesia. BALITKABI, pp. 65.
- Pandey, S. N., Singh, R., Sharma, V. K. and Kanwat, P. M. (1991). Losses due to insect pests in some kharif pulses.
- Indian J. Ent., 53(4): 629-631.
- Saradava, D. A. (2004). Studies on management of sucking pests infesting groundnut under dry farming condition.
- M.Sc. (Agri) Thesis JAU, Junagadh. pp. 55-58.
- Shetgar, S. S.; Bilapate, G. G.; Puri, S. N.; Patil, V. V. and Londhe, G. M. (1992). Loss in yield due to foliage
- pests of groundnut. J. Maharashtra agric. Univ., 17(2): 304-305.
- Upadyay, V. R. and Vyas, H. N. (1983). Yield loss in groundnut due to jassid (Empaasca kerri Pruthi) and thrips at
- Junagadh (Gujarat). Indian J. Ent., (special issues). 2: 322-326.