EFFECT ON N AND P UPTAKE BY CHICKPEA (CICER ARIETINUM L.) AS INFLUENCED BY MICRONUTRIENTS AND BIOFERTILIZERS
Citation :- EFFECT ON N AND P UPTAKE BY CHICKPEA (CICER ARIETINUM L.) AS INFLUENCED BY MICRONUTRIENTS AND BIOFERTILIZERS.Legume Research-An International Journal.2012.(35):164 - 168
The influence of recommended dose of fertilizer along with Rhizobium inoculation and
application of micronutrients like molybdenum and iron has affected the yield of chickpea.
Different combinations were made out of which the best combination of RDF with 1 g ammonium molybdate + Rhizobium + PSB , RDF with 2 g ammonium molybdate +1 g FeSO4 + Rhizobium and PSB recorded the highest nodules/plant(33), pods/plant(30.12) and seed yield(5.52g/plant). These combinations also improved the uptake of N and P by the crop and estimated to give
the highest seed yield and harvest index as compared to all other treatment combinations.
Thus, the T4 combination of RDF+1.0 kg ammonium molybdate/ha as soil application + Rhizobium + PSB also increased the protein content in the chickpea seed which will influence its qualitative character.
- Chandra, R and Pareek, R.P. (1991). Influence of Rhizobium population on seed in strain competition and nodulation of chickpea. Res. Department Reporter. 8(2):94-101.
- Gupta, S.C. (2007). Response of chickpea to micronutrients and bio -fertilizers application in Vertisol. Abstract International Conference on Sustainable Agriculture for Food, Bio- energy and Livelihood Security held from Feb.14-16 at J.N.K.V.V. Jabalpur. 87.
- Kanter, F., Elkoca, E., Ogutcu H. and Adgur, O.F., (2003). Chickpea yield in relation to Rhizobium inoculation from wild chickpea at high altitudes. Agric. Crop 189(5):291-297.
- Masood Ali and P. Misra (2001). Effect of foliar nutrition of boron and molybdenum on chickpea. Indian J. Pulses Res. 14(1):41-43.
- Pal, A.K. (1986). International of Rhizobium inoculation with phosphate and molybdenum application on Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) in rainfed condition. Environ. Ecol. 4(4):642-647.
- Patel, R.S., and Patel, Z.G. (1991). Effect of FYM, N, P and Rhizobium inoculation on the growth and yield of gram (Cicer arietinum L.). Ann. Agric. Res. 12(2):200-202.
- Patil., D P., Kulkarni, M.V., Maheswari, V.L. and Kothari, R.M. (2008) Improved yield of Bengal gram
- (Cicer arietinum L.)in saline soil ameliorated with soil conditioner, helophiles and plant growth regulators. J. Plant Biol. 28(2):207-211.
- Sprent, J.I., (2001). Nodulation in legume royal botanic gardens Kew, London. Ann. Botany, 89:797-798.
- Subba Rao, N.S (1977). Soil Microorganisms and Plant Growth pp- 96.
- Valenciano, J.B. Boto, J.A. Marcelo, V. (2011). Chickpea response to zinc, boron and molybdenum application under field condition. New Zealand J. Crop Horti. Sci. 39:217-229.