GENOTYPE X ENVIRONMENT INTERACTION AND STABILITY ANALYSIS FOR GRAIN YIELD IN BLACKGRAM (VIGNA MUNGO L.)
Citation :- GENOTYPE X ENVIRONMENT INTERACTION AND STABILITY ANALYSIS FOR GRAIN YIELD IN BLACKGRAM (VIGNA MUNGO L.).Legume Research-An International Journal.2012.(35):56-58
Eleven genotypes of blackgram were tested at three locations viz. Dharwad, Bidar and Gulbarga that represented different agro-climatic conditions of North-Karnataka during kharif 2009 to study their yield stability. Pooled analysis of variance and stability analysis were performed. The genotype (G) x environment (E) interaction and both variance due to genotypes and environments were significant. The partitioning of G x E interaction into linear and non-linear components indicated that both predictable and unpredictable components shared the interaction. On the basis of stability parameters, the top yielding genotypes, K-7-7 (1050 kg/ha) and DU-1 (1024 kg/ha) exhibited the stable performance over the locations. Results also revealed that the genotypes; BDU-3-3, T-9 and DU-3 also gave higher yield. But their performance was unpredictable due to high deviation from regression.
- Armugam, P.M. Anandhi, K., & Selvi, B. (2010). Stability analysis of yield in blackgram. Legume Res. 33:70-71.
- Campbell, B.T., and Jones, M.A. (2005). Assessment of genotype x environment interactions for yield and fibre quality in cotton performance trials. Euphytica. 144:69-78.
- Eberhart, S.A. and Russell, W.A. (1966). Stability parameter for comparing varieties. Crop Sci. 6:36-40.
- Finlay, K.W. and G.N. Wilkinson. (1963). The analysis of adaptation in a plant breeding programme. Australian J. Agric. Res. 14:742-754.
- Manivannan, N. Ramasamy, A and Natarajan, N. (1998). Phenotypic stability analysis in greengram. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 68:31-32.
- Natarajan, C. (2001). Stability of yield and its components in blackgram. Madras Agric. J. 88:409-413.
- Patela, J.D. Naika, M.R. Chaudhari, S.B. Vaghelaa, K.O. and Kodappully, V.C. (2009). Stability analysis for seed yield in greengram (Vigna radiate L. Wilczek). Agric. Sci. Digest. 29:24-27.
- Rao, S.K. and Suryawanshi. (1988). Genotype x Environment interaction in the genetic diversity of urad germplasm collections. Legume Res. 11:15-20.
- Singh, B., Patra, G.J. and Samalo, B.N. (1994). Genotype X environment interaction in blackgram (Phaseolus mungo L.). Indian J. Agric. Sci. 64:1870-1871.
- Westerman, J.M. (1971). Genotype x environment interaction and developmental regulation in Arabidopsis thaliana II. Inbred lines analysis. Heredity. 26:93-106.