EFFECT OF ORGANIC AND INORGANIC PHOSPHORUS SOURCES ON QUALITY OF GREEN GRAM (Vigna radiata L.) UNDER TEMPERATE CONDITIONS OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR
Citation :- EFFECT OF ORGANIC AND INORGANIC PHOSPHORUS SOURCES ON QUALITY OF GREEN GRAM (Vigna radiata L.) UNDER TEMPERATE CONDITIONS OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR.Legume Research.2012.(35):47 - 49
Field experiments were conducted during two consecutive kharif seasons to assess the effect of organic and inorganic phosphorus sources on quality of green gram in temperate conditions of Jammu and Kashmir. The results revealed that application of organic manures significantly improved the total soluble sugars and protein content in grain of green gram. Among organic manures, application of FYM (10 t/ha) proved significantly superior over Dalweed (15 t/ha). Soil inoculation with P-solubilizers significantly increased the protein content in grain of green gram. Among P-solubilizers, inoculation with Pseudomonas proved significantly superior over Bacillus. Increasing levels of phosphorus up to 30 kg P2O5 /ha significantly improved the total soluble sugars and protein content in grain of green gram. However, further increase in phosphorus level viz., 60 kg P2O5 /ha had no beneficial influence on these quality parameters of green gram.
- Chatterjee, A. and Bhattacharjee, P. (2002). Influence of combined inoculation with Rhizobium and phospho bacteria on mungbean in field. J. Mycopathological Res., 40(2):201-203.
- Jain, R.C., Tiwari, R.J., Kalyan, S. and Singh, K.(1995). Effect of farmyard manure and sugar press mud on productivity and quality of soyabean. Crop Res., 9(2):229-232.
- Jasrotia, R.S. and Sharma, C.M. (1999).Productivity and quality of frenchbean as affected by integrated phosphorus management in acid soil. Fertilizer News, 44(11):59-61.
- Konde, B.K., Managave,P.M. and Sonawahe, R.B. (1998). Effect of Rhizobium, Vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae
- and phosphorus levels on nodulation, yield and nutrient uptake by chickpea. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci.,
- Koshalendra Tedia, Slanthy, B.S. and Shinde, D.A. (1992). Effect of phosphorus levels and genotypes on quality of soyabean seed. Legume Res., 15(2):76-80.
- Malik, C.P. and Singh, M.B. (1980). Plant enzymology and Histo-enzymology. Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi.
- Mckenzie, H.H. and Wallace, H.S. (1954).The Kjeldahl determination of nitrogen: a critical digestion conditions-temperature, catalyst and oxidizing agent. Australian J. Chem., 7:55-70.
- Naagar, K.C. and Meena, N.L. (2004).Effect of phosphorus, sulphur and phosphate solubilizing bacteria on yield components, yield and quality of Cluster bean. Legume Res., 27(1):27-31.
- Shahi, D.K., Sharma, A. and Lal Singh. (2002). Improvement in nutrition quality of green gram as influenced by fertilization and inoculation. Indian J. Agri. Sci., 72(4):210-212.
- Shuman, L.M. and Hargrover,W.L. (1985). Effect of tillage on distribution of manganese, copper, iron and zinc in soil fractions. Soil Sci. Soc. America J., 49:1117.
- Tiwari, R.J., Jain,R.C.and Singh,K.(1995).Residual effect of sugar press mud and farm yard manure on moisture conservation, growth and yield of gram under rain fed conditions. Crop Res., 9(2):238-240.
- Yadav, P.S., Kameriya, P.K. and Rathore, S. (2002). Effect of phosphorus and iron fertilization on yield, protein content and nutrient uptake in mungbean on loamy sand soil. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 50(2):225-226.