EVALUATION OF ADVANCED SPANISH BUNCH GROUNDNUT CULTURES UNDER KHARIF SEASONS OF NORTHERN TELANGANA REGION OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Citation :- EVALUATION OF ADVANCED SPANISH BUNCH GROUNDNUT CULTURES UNDER KHARIF SEASONS OF NORTHERN TELANGANA REGION OF ANDHRA PRADESH.Legume Research.2006.(29):292 - 294
Ten Spanish bunch groundnut genotypes include seven test cultures and three check varieties were tested for yield, reaction to diseases i.e. late leaf spot and rust for three rainy seasons from 1996–1998. In 1996 disease severity was found to be high compared to 1997 and 1998. LLS appeared in severe form compared to rust in all the seasons. Among the genotypes tested, R 8972 showed resistant reaction and scored 2.9 for LLS and 2.5 for rust. R 9021 gave highest pod yield of 2835 kg/ha with good pod shape and size (85 g/100 pod weight) compared to the best high yielding national check JL 24 (2822 kg/ha pod yield, 95 g/100 pod weight).
- Bulbule, s.v. et al. (1997). J. Oi/seeds Res., 14(1):67-70.
- Gopal, K. and Upadhyaya, H.D. (1988). Indian Phytopath., 44(2): 21-223.
- Gopal, K. et al. (1993). Groundnut News, 5(1): 3.
- Mayee, C.D. (1983). Marathawada Agricultural University, 76 pp.
- Muthusamy, M. (1985). Proc. Nat. Sem. Integ.Pest Disease Management TNAU, Coimbatore, pp. 188-192.
- Prasad Rao, D.V.J. et a/. (1979). Indian. J. Plant Protection, 7: 161-164.
- Sukhatme, P.v. and Amble, A.N. Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers, Publications and Information Division, IARI, New Delhi, 1985.
- Upadhyaya, H.D. et a/. (1992). Indian. J. Pia. Bre., 52(1): 1-6.