GENETIC DIVERGENCE IN INDIAN BEAN (LABLAB PURPUREUS L.)
Citation :- GENETIC DIVERGENCE IN INDIAN BEAN (LABLAB PURPUREUS L.).Legume Research.2006.(29):286 - 288
Eighteen diverse types of Indian bean (Lablab purpureus L.) were evaluated for genetic divergence for yield and its contributing characters. The genotypes were grouped into eight clusters on the basis of relative magnitude of D2 values. The maximum genetic distance was observed between cluster III and cluster V followed by cluster V and cluster VII. Cluster I and cluster VII displayed lowest degree of divergence. The maximum intra cluster distance was exhibited by cluster IV followed by cluster V. The mean value for most of the traits was highest in cluster VIII. Pod width followed by number of branches per plant, plant spread, number of seeds per pod contributed higher towards total divergence.
- Basu, A.K. et a/. (1999). Veg. Sci., 26: 37-40,
- Baswana, K.S. et a/. (1980). Haryana J, Hort. Sci., 9: 184-187.
- Biju, M.G. et a/. (2001). Veg. Sci., 28: 163-164.
- Mahalanobis, P.C. (1936). Proc. Nat. lnst, Sci. India, 2: 39-55.
- Rai, N. et a/. (2003). Veg. Sci., 30: 115-119.
- Rao, c.R. (1952), Advanced Statistical Methods in Biometric Research. John Wiley and Sons. New York, pp. 357-364.