GENETIC DIVERSITY IN URDBEAN (VIGNA MUNGO L. HEPPER)
Citation :- GENETIC DIVERSITY IN URDBEAN (VIGNA MUNGO L. HEPPER).Legume Research-An International Journal.2006.(29):181 - 185
The 60 urdbean genotypes were grouped into 17 clusters. Among all the characters, the contribution of number of pods per plant was maximum (15.14%) followed by number of branches per plant (13.89%) and single plant yield (12.76). The maximum inter cluster distance was between cluster II and XVII (D=674.66). The maximum intra cluster distance was reported in cluster XVI (D=14.57) followed by cluster III (D=13.90). The cluster VI has showed the highest cluster meanfor three characters viz., single plant yield and number of pods per plant and number of seeds per pod Cluster V has recorded the highest mean value for number of pods per plant and number of seeds per pod. The cross combination of L41-B and G31 with PLG 47 is found to give relatively good amount of heterosis in F among the possible cross combinations
- Arunachalam, V. and Bandyopadhyay, A. (1984). Indian. J. Genet., 44: 548-554.
- Dhamu, K.P. et al. (1983). Madras Agric. J., 70: 495-498.
- Dikshit, U.N. and Swain, D. (2000). Indian. J. Genet., 6: 213-219.
- Ghafoor, A. et al. (2001). Field crops Res., 69(2): 183-190.
- Mahalanobis, P.C. (1936). Proc. Nat. Inst. Sci. Indian, 2: 49-55.
- Priti, R. et al. (2003). Madras. Agric. J., 90: 617-620
- Rao, C.R. (1952), Advanced Statistical Methods in Biometrical Research. John Wiley and sons. Inc., New York.