CHARACTER ASSOCIATION AND CAUSE-AND-EFFECT RELATIONSHIP IN F2 GENERATION OF MUNGBEAN (VIGNA RADIATA (L.) WILCZEK)
Citation :- CHARACTER ASSOCIATION AND CAUSE-AND-EFFECT RELATIONSHIP IN F2 GENERATION OF MUNGBEAN (VIGNA RADIATA (L.) WILCZEK).Legume Research-An International Journal.2007.(30):283 - 286
The present experiment was conducted to study cause-and-effect interrelationship in three crosses namely, cross 1 (Pusa 9072 × MH-309), cross 2 (LAM M2 × MH-309) and cross 3 (ML-5 × MH-309) of F2 generation of mungbean for six characters during kharif, 2004. Significant differences were observed between the crosses and between progenies of crosses. This study revealed that numbers of pods/plant and number of clusters/plant were the major component characters with moderate to high heritability coupled with high genetic advance asper cent of mean contributing to seed yield, thus suggesting that these characters may be given priority while formulating the cross specific selection strategy for isolation of desirable genotypes for yield improvement in mungbean.
- Al-Jibouri, H.A. et al. (1958). Agron. J. 50: 633-37.
- Dewey, D.R. and Lu K.N. (1959). Agron. J. 51: 515-18.
- Johnson, H.W. et al. (1955). Agron. J. 74: 477-83.
- Natarajan, C. and Rathinasamy, R. (1999). Madras Agric. J. 86(4-6): 228-31.
- Rajan, R.E.B., et al. (2000). Madras Agric. J. 87(10-12): 590-93.
- Sharma, R.N. (1999). J. Interacademica, 3(1): 6-10.
- Singh, I.S. et al. (1995). Legume Res. 18: 137-42.
- Vikas et al. (1999). Ann. Agric. Res. 20: 411-17.