CHARACfER CONTRIBUTION TO DIVERSITY IN COWPEA
Citation :- CHARACfER CONTRIBUTION TO DIVERSITY IN COWPEA.Legume Research-An International Journal.2007.(30):70 - 72
Genetic divergence assessed in 56 genotypes of cowpea using D2 statistics for thirteen yield contributing characters showed grouping of genotypes into nine clusters. Cluster I had the maximum number of genotypes. Characters viz., days to maturity, 100-seed weight and days to flowering were the highest contributors to D2 values. The geographical diversity was not related to genetic diversity.
- Backiyarani, S. et al. (2000). Legume Res., 23: 114-117.
- Borah, H.K. and Khan, A.K.F. (2002). Madras Agrtc. J., 88: 625-628.
- Kumar, A. et a1. (1982). Crop Imp., 9: 160-163.
- Ranganayakl, K and Rangaswamy, S.R. (1991). indIan J. Pulses Res., 4: 159-164.
- Rao, C.R.V. (1952). Advance Statistical Method in Biornetrical Research. John Wiley and Sons Inc. New York, 236-272.