EFFECT OF GROWTH REGULATORS ON LEGHAEMOGLOBIN BIOSYNTHESIS IN CHICKPEA NODULES
Citation :- EFFECT OF GROWTH REGULATORS ON LEGHAEMOGLOBIN BIOSYNTHESIS IN CHICKPEA NODULES.Legume Research-An International Journal.2008.(31):303 - 305
The experiment was conducted during 2004. The plants were treated with IAA, GA3 and Kinetin
on per plant basis. Three stages of development have been selected for analysis of Lb content in the nodules. The stages were 15 days, 30 days and 45 days after nodule initiation. It was observed that almost all growth regulators showed a general promotory effect on Lb biosynthesis and protein content of nodules at lower concentrations. Although, this enhancement was not observed after a particular concentration of growth regulators, which varies differently for different growth regulators.
- Appleby, C.A., and Dilworth, M.J. (1974) In: ‘Dinitrogen Fixation’. Vol - I (R.W.F. ed). Wiley Inter Sci. New York.
- Bergersen, F.J., and Appleby, C.A. (1981) Planta 152(6):534-543.
- Bradford, M.M. (1976) Anal. Biochem. 72:248-258.
- Hartee, E.F. (1957) In: ‘Modern Plant Analysis’ (Peach, R. and M.W. Tracey eds.) Springer-Verlag. 4:197-245.
- Jianhua Yang, et al. (2006) Molecular Microbiol., 60:1, pp 209-218.
- Ott, T. et al. (2005) Curr. Biol. 15(6):531-535.
- Shimoda, Y. et al. (2005) Plant Cell Physiol. 46(1):99-107.
- Swaraj, K. and Garg, O.P. (1977) Physiologia Plantarum. 39(2):185-189.