Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
INFLUENCE OF INORGANIC NUTRIENTS ON IMPROVING THE SEEDS AND SEEDLING QUALITY CHARACTERISTICS OF CLUSTER BEAN
MnSO4, FeSO4, ZnSO4, borax, KCl, KH2PO4 and Na2MoO4 in two different concentrations (0.5 and
1%) with the soaking durations of 3 and 6h along with water as control, revealed that seed fortification with 1% MgSO4 enhanced the seed germination by 13 per cent which was followed by 1% ZnSO4 (12 per cent), but the seeds fortified with 1% ZnSO4 enhanced the seedling vigour and field emergence better than 1% MgSO4. Hence, seed fortification with 1% ZnSO4 could be recommended for cluster bean as a pre-sowing seed invigourative treatment.
- Abdul-Baki, A.A. and. Anderson, J.D. (1973). Crop Sci., 13: 630-633.
- Gomez, K.A. and Gomez, A.A. (1984). Agriculture, 41: 47-56.
- ISTA. (1999). Seed Sci. and Technol. (Supplement Rules), 27: 25-30.
- Maguire, J.D. (1962). Crop Sci., 2: 176-177.
- Natarajan, K. (2003). Ph.D. Thesis, Deptt. of Seed Sci. Technol. Tamil Nadu Agric. Uni. Coimbatore, India.
- Pandey, S.N. and Sinha, B.K. (1999). In: Plant Physiol, Vikas Pub. House, New Delhi pp. 100-119.
- Pattagundi, M.S. et al (1997). Intensive Agrl: Jan-Feb pp. 3-4.
- Sundaralingam, K. et al. (2001) In: Recent Techniques and Participatory Approaches on Quality Seed Production. (Vanangamudi, K. et al.) Deptt. of Seed Tech. TNAU, Coimbatore.
- Swartz, B.D.(1941). Bot. Gaz., 103: 366-373.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.