Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
CORRELATION AND PATH COEFFICIENT ANALYSIS IN BLACKGRAM [VIGNA MUNGO (L.) HEPPER]
years for 13 morphological and quality characters to study the nature of association and direct and
indirect effects of these traits on seed yield per plant. The study revealed that the branches per plant, clusters per plant, pods per plant, seeds per pod, pod length and hundred seed weight exhibited significant and positive correlation with yield per plant. These characters showed positive direct effect on yield per plant except hundred seed weight, protein percentage and per cent crude fibre which showed negative direct effects. The implications of the results in selection for improving productivity in blackgram are discussed.
- Burton,G.W. and Devane,E.H.(1953). Agron. J., 45: 478-481.
- Dewey, D.R. and Lu, K. (1959). Agron. J., 51: 515-520.
- Gartan, S.L. and Sood, B.C(1996). Indian J. Pulses Res., 9 : 11-13.
- Govindraj,P. and Subramanian,M. (2001). Madras Agric. J., 88: 240–242.
- Kumar,R. Ravikant and Ojha,C.B. ( 2004). Legume Res., 27 (1) : 32-36.
- Mishra, R.C. (1983). Andhra Agric. J., 30: 239-243.
- Nagarjuna, S.M. and Reddy Sekhar, M.( 2001). Madras Agric. J., 88: 218-222.
- Nayak, B.S. et al.( 2000). Indian J. Genet., 60(3) : 321-326.
- Rani, Y.U. and Rao, J.S. ( 1981). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 51: 378-381.
- Rao, S.K. and Suryawanshi , R.K. ( 1988). Legume Res., 11 : 134-138.
- Sidramappa. (2003). M.Sc.(Agric.) Thesis, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, India.
- Singh, I. (1998). Crop Res., 16: 220-223.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.