Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
MUTAGENIC EFFECTIVENESS AND EFFICACY OF EMS AND NG IN MUNGBEAN
desirable changes as compared to undesirable ones. Hence, often it is necessary to assess the
effectiveness and efficacy of mutagens for efficient and effective use. Though some studies have
been carried out in greengram, studies involving EMS and NG are scanty. The present investigation
was undertaken in greengram using both EMS and NG and results indicated higher effectiveness of
NG treatments in comparison to EMS treatments. The reverse trend was observed in case of
efficacy. Both effectiveness and efficacy of both chemicals decreased with increase in mutagenic
dose. The possible reason for this could be less damaging effect of lower doses of chemicals on the genetic material.
- Das, T.R. (2002). M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, OUAT, Bhubaneswar, India.
- Dellaert, L.M.W. (1980). Ph.D. Thesis. Wageningen Agril. University, Wageningen, The Netherlands pp.169.
- Dellaert, L.M.W. (1983). IAEA Tech. Doc. 289. IAEA Vienna, pp.333.
- Khan, I.A. and Hashim M. (1979). Indian J. Bot. 2:107-110.
- Konzak, C.F. et al. (1965). Rad . Bot. 5: 49-70.
- Konzak, C.F. et al. (1984). In: Plant Breeding Reviews, (J. Janick ed.), 2:3-72.
- Micke, A., et al. (1990). Mutation Breeding Review 7, 41pp.
- Mishra, T.K. (2004). Ph.D. Thesis OUAT, Bhubaneswar, India.
- Mishra, R.C. and Monin, B.D. (2004). P.G. Thesis, OUAT, Bhubaneswar, India.
- Singh, A.K. and Singh, R.M. (2001). Crop Improv. 28(2): 260-266.
- Thomas, H. and Grierson, D. (eds.) (1987). Developmental Mutants in Higher Plants. Press Syndicate. University of Cambridge, pp.288.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.