Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
FREQUENCY AND SPECTRUM OF MORPHOLOGICAL MUTANTS IN M2 GENERATION OF CLUSTER BEAN (CYAMOPSIS TETRAGONOLOBA (L.) TAUB)
pod and sterility were recorded in M2 generation of cluster bean. A total of 54 and 39 macromutants were isolated from EMS and SA treatments, respectively. In the EMS treatments, the mutation spectrum was much wider (nine types of mutants identified) at 0.8% and narrow
(four types of mutants identified) at 1.0% and in SA treatments the mutation spectrum was
wider at 0.03% (ten types of mutants identified) and narrow at 0.01% (two types of mutants
identified). In general, the mutation frequency was high on M1 plant basis than M2 plant basis
for both the mutagens viz. EMS and SA. The frequency of viable mutation on M1 and M2 plant
basis exhibited an inconsistent trend with increase in EMS and SA treatments.
- Charumathi, M. et al. (1992). J. Nucl. Agric. Biol., 21: 299-302.
- Gautam, A.S. and Mittal R K (1998). Crop. Res., 16: 344 – 348.
- Goswami, L.C. (1980). Genet. Agra., 32: 299-311.
- Gottschalk, W. (1967). Gatert Blen. Berlin., 2: 139-146.
- Kanaklata, J. (1995). Ph.D Thesis, Nagpur University, Nagpur, India.
- Karpate, R.R. and Choudhary, A.D. (1997). J. Cytol Genet. 32: 41-48.
- Kharkwal, M.C. (1999). Indian J. Genet. 59: 451.
- Mahapatra, B.K. (1983). Ph.D. Thesis IARI, New Delhi, India.
- Manapure, P. and Patil, S. (1997). J. Soil Crops, 7: 208.209.
- Nilan. R.A. et al. (1977). Ann New York Acad 287: 367-384.
- Sarkar, A. (1985). Ph.D Thesis, IARI. New Delhi, India.
- Sharma, S.K. (1990). Cytologia 55: 243.
- Singh, O.P. (1980). Trop. Grain Legume Bull., 19: 30-34.
- Singh, R.K. (1987). Plant Breeding 99: 27-29.
- Solanki, I..S. et al (2004). Natnl. J. Pl. Improve. 6(1): 22-25.
- Tripathi, Vandana A and Dubey, D.K. (1994). Lens Newsl. 21: 16.
- Vanniarajan. C. (1989). M.Sc., (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agri. Univ. Coimbatore, India.
- Vanniarajan. C. (1993). Crop. Improv. 20: 215 – 218.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.