Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
RESIDUAL EFFECT OF SULPHUR APPLICATION TO MAIZE ON SUBSEQUENT GREEN GRAM IN HAPLUSTALF
block of Coimbatore district to evaluate the residual effect of S application to maize on crop growth, nutrient uptake, yield and S use efficiency of subsequent green gram. The main crop was treated with 4 levels of S (0, 15, 30 and 45 kg ha-1) while the residual crop green gram received no S. In both locations Maximum increase in yield parameters and yield were observed in S 45 kg ha-1 however it was on par with S30 kg ha-1. S uptake recorded maximum at S30 kg ha-1 than S 45 kg ha-1 while a phenomenal increase in N,P, K uptake were recorded in both the locations. Application of 30 kg S ha-1 in the form of SSP was found to be optimum dose for maize and to get better residual effect on green gram.
- Humphries, E.C. (1956). In: Modern Methods of Plant Analysis. Springer Verlag Berlin, 1: 468-502.
- Jat, R. L. and Rathore, P.S. (1994). Indian J. Agron. 39(4): 651-654.
- Jena, D. et al. (2006). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 54(1): 126-169.
- Mathew, T. and Kurian, T.M. (2003). Sugar Tech., 5(4): 315-316. Vol. 31, No. 3, 2008 183
- Misra, S.K. (2003). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 51(4):544-548.
- Pattnayak, S.K. et al. (2002). In: National Seminar on Recent Trends in Sulphur and Silicon Nutrition of Crops, held at Madurai on June 12-13.
- Sakal, R. et al. (2000). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci.,48(2):325-329.
- Sakthikumaran, S. (2001). M.Sc., Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, India.
- Sreemannarayana, B and Srinivasaraju, A. (1995). J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 43(3):476-477.
- Umesh Singh and Yadav, D.S. (2000). Legume Res., 23(1): 67-68.
- Williams, C.H. and Steinbergs, A. (1959). Aust. J. Agric. Res., 10: 340-352
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.