Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
MODIFICATION OF SALT TOLERANCE LEVEL IN GROUNDNUT (ARACHIS HYPOGAEA L.) THROUGH INDUCED MUTATION
- Ambede, J.G., Netondo, G.W. Mwai, G.N. and Musyimi, D.M. (2012). NaCl salinity affects germination, growth, physiology, and biochemistry of bambara groundnut. Braz. J. Plant Physiol. 24(3): 151-160.
- Azad, M.A.K., Hamid, M.A. and Saha, G.C. (1999). Variability and interrelationships among reproductive abscission, fertility coefficient, yield and yield components in groundnut Arachis hypogaea L.). Bangladesh J. Pl. Breed. Genet. 12(1 &2):7-12.
- Azad, M.A.K., Hamid, M.A. and Yasmine, F. (2010). Binachinabadam-4: a high yielding mutant variety of groundnut with medium pod size. Plant Mutation Reports 2(2):45-49.
- Azad, M.A.K. and Hamid M.A., (2000). Genetic variability, character association and path analysis in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Thai. J. Agric. Sci. 33: 153-157.
- Azad, M.A.K., Haque, M. M., Hamid, M.A. Yasmine, F. and Golder, M.A.W. (2012). Tolerance to salinity stress in peanut (Arachi hypogaea L.) through osmotic adjustment and undamaged chloroplast. Legume Res. 35(4): 271-284.
- Azad, M.A.K., Hamid M.A. and Yasmine F., (2010). Binachinabadam-4: a high yielding mutant variety of groundnut with medium pod size. Plant Mutation Reports 2(2):45-49.
- Azad, M.A.K., Hamidn M.A. and Saha G.C., (1999). Variability and interrelationships among reproductive abscission, fertility coefficient, yield and yield components in groundnut Arachis hypogaea L.). Bangladesh J. Pl. Breed. Genet. 12(1 &2):7-12.
- BARC (2005). Fertilizer Recommendation Guide-2005, Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council, Dhaka.
- Chowdhury, M.A.H., Hamid M.A. and Azad M.A.K. (2007). Screening of nitrogen fixing efficient groundnut genotypes. Bangladesh J. Agril. Res. 32(2):329-334.
- Chowdhury, M.A.H., Hamid, M.A. and Azad, M.A.K. (2007). Screening of nitrogen fixing efficient groundnut genotypes. Bangladesh J. Agril. Res. 32(2): 329-334.
- Chowdhury, M.A.H., Hamid, M.A., Azad, M.A.K. and Shahanaz, F. (2006). Inheritance and components of genetic variation for nitrogen fixing traits in groundnut. Bangladesh J. Agril. Res. 31(1):1-8.
- Cramer, G.R. and Quarrie, S.A. (2002). Abscisic acid is correlated with leaf growth inhibition of four genotypes of maize differing in their response to salinity. Func. Plant. Biol. 29:111-115.
- Dubois, M., Gilles, K.A., Hamilton, J.K., Robers, P.A. and Smith, F. (1956). Colorimetric method for determination of sugars and related substances. Anal. Chem. 28: 350-356.
- Field, D.I. (1995). Land evaluation for crop diversification. Crop Diversification Program (CDP), Department of Agricultural Extension, Dhaka.
- Fukuda, A., Nakamura, A., Tagiri, A., Tanaka, H., Miyao, A., Hirochika, H. and Tanaka, Y. (2004). Function, intracellular localization and importance in salt tolerance of a vacuolar Na+/H+ antiporter from rice. Plant Cell Physiol. 45:146-159.
- Gomez, K.A. and Gomez, A. A. (1984). Statistical Procedure for Agricultural Research. 2nd Edition. A Willey Inte- Science Publication, John Wiley and Sons, New York. p. 680.
- Hamid, M.A., Azad, M.A.K. and Howlider, M.A.R. (2006). Development of three groundnut varieties with improved qualitatiive and quantitative traits through induced mutation. Plant Mutation Reports 1(2):14-16.
- Hassegawa, P.M., Bressan, R.A., Zhu, J.K. and Bohnert, H.J. (2000). Plant cellular and molecular responses to high salinity. Ann. Rev. Plant. Physiol. Plant Mol. Biol. 51:463-499.
- Hoang, T.M.L., De Filipps, L.F. and Le, X.T. (2009). Salt tolerance for genetic changes in rice mutants after gamma irradiation using RAPD and microsatellite (RAMP) markers. The Open Horticulture Journal 2: 62-69.
- Karim, Z. and Iqbal, A. (2001). Impact of land degradation in Bangladesh: Changing Scenario in Agricultural Land Use, Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council, pp. 46-47.
- Mensah, J.KAkomeah, ., P.A., Ikhajiagbe, B. and Ekpekurede, E.O. (2006).Effects of salinity on germination, growth and yield of five groundnut genotypes. African J. Biotech. 5(20):1973-1979.
- Munns, R, James, R.A. and Lauchli, A. (2006). Approach to increasing the salt tolerance of wheat and other cereals. J. Exp. Bot. 57:1025-1030.
- Munns, R. and Cramer, G.R. (1996). Is coordination of leaf and root growth mediated by abscisic acid? (Opinion) Plant and Soil 185:33-49..
- Munns, R. and James, R.A. (2003). Screening methods for salinity tolerance: a case study with tetraploid wheat. Plant and Soil 253:201-218.
- Perez-Alfocea, F., Estan, M.T., Caro, M. and Guerrier, G. (1993). Osmotic adjustment in Lycopersicon esculentum L. penelli under NaCl and PEG 6000 iso-osmotic stresses. Physiol.Plant. 87:493-498.
- Reddy, L.J. and Kaul, A.K.(1986). Status and prospects of groundnut in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council, Dhaka pp.9-10.
- Ren, H., Gao, Z., Chen, L., Wei, K., Liu, J., Fan, Y., Davies, W.J., Jia, W. and Zhang, J.( 2006). Dynamics of ABA accumulation in relation to the rate of ABA catabolism in maize tissues under water deficit. J.Exp. Bot. 57:1-9.
- Sauter, A., Davies, W.J. and Hartung, W. (2001). The long distance abscisic acid signal in the droughted plant: the fate of the hormone in its way from root to shoot. J. Exp. Bot. 52: 1991-1997.
- Shabala, S.N., Shabala, S.I., Martynenko, A.I.Babourina, O. and Newman, I.A.(1998). Salinity effect on bioelectric activity, growth, Na+ accumulation and chlorophyll fluorescence of maize leaves: a comparative survey and prospects for screening. Aust. J. Plant Physiol.25:609-616.
- Shalhevet, J., Reiniger, P. and Shimsi, D. (1969). Peanut response to uniform and non-uniform soil salinity. Agronomy Journal, 61:384-387.
- Song J.Y., Kim, D.S., Lee, M.C., Lee, K.J. , Kim, J.B., Kim, S.H., Ha, B.K., Yun, S.J. and Kang, S.Y. (2012). Physiological characterization off gamma-ray induced salt tolerant rice mutants. AJCS 6(3): 421-429.
- SRDI. (2003). Soil salinity in Bangladesh 2000. Soil Resource Development Institute, Ministry of Agriculture, Dhaka- 1215. pp. 90-91.
- Tester, M. and Davenport, R. (2003). Na+ tolerance and Na+ transport in higher plants. Annals Bot. 91:503-527.
- Vadez, V., Srivastava, N., Krishnamurthy, L., Aruna, R. and Nigam, S. N.(2005). Standardization of a protocol to screen for salinity tolerance in groundnut. IAN 25:42-47.
- Yemm, E.W. and Cocking, E.C. ( 1955). Determination of amino acids with ninhydrin: Analyst 80:209-230
- Yoshida, S., Forno, D.A., Cock, J.A. and Gomes, K.A. (1976). Lab. manual for physiological studies of rice. Third edition. p.43-45. IRRI, Los Banos, Phillippines
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.