CORRELATION AND PATH COEFFICIENT STUDIES FOR YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS IN MUNGBEAN (VIGNA RADIATA (L.) WILCZEK)
Citation :- CORRELATION AND PATH COEFFICIENT STUDIES FOR YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS IN MUNGBEAN (VIGNA RADIATA (L.) WILCZEK).Legume Research.2009.(32):180-185
The present investigation was undertaken to estimate the correlation coefficients among
twelve quantitative characters and to study the direct and indirect effects of yield components
on seed yield by path-coefficient analysis in eighty mungbean germplasm lines in three
environments. Analysis of data revealed that primary branches/plant, clusters/plant, pods/cluster
and pods/plant were found to be positively associated at genotypic, phenotypic and environmental
level barring non-significant correlation between primary branches/plant at environmental level.
Positive association at phenotypic and genotypic level was also recorded between pods/cluster
and seeds/pod and between pods per plant and harvest index. Path analysis using phenotypic
and genotypic correlations identified biological yield per plant, clusters per plant and seeds per
pods as most important direct and indirect yield component across three environments.
- Byregowda, M. et al. (1997). Crop Res., 13(2):361-368.
- Dewey, D.R. and Lu, K.H. (1959). Agron. J., 51:515-518.
- Kumar, S.S. et al. (1995). Madras Agric. J. 82(3):160-162.
- Lakshmaiah, K. et al. (1989). J. Res. APAU., 17(4):387-389.
- Naidu, N.V. et al. (1994). Indian J. Agric. Res., 28(1):74-78.
- Natarajan, M. and Palanisamy, S. (1988). Indian J. Pulses Res., 1(1):23-26.
- Patil, H.S. and Deshmukh, R.B. (1988 J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 13(2):183-185.
- Pundir, S.R. et al. (1992). HAU J. Res., 22(4):256-258.
- Satyan, B.A. et al. (1989). Current Res., 18(12):170-172.
- Searle, S.R. (1961). Biometrics, 17:474-480.
- Sharma, J.D. and Gupta, V.P. (1994). Indian J. Pulses Res., 7(2):174-176.
- Sharma, R.N. and Talukdar, P. (1996). Ann. Agric. Res., 17(1):38-41.
- Singh, R.P. and Pathak, M.M. (1993). Indian J. Pulses Res., 6(1):35-37.