Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
CORRELATION AND PATH COEFFICIENT ANALYSIS IN CHICKPEA (CICER ARIETINUM L.) UNDER DIFFERENT SEASONS
to find out association among characters and to assess the direct and indirect contribution of nine
characters on seed yield. The studies were conducted during rabi 2000-01 and rabi 2001-02. Correlation
studies indicated that seed yield per plant exhibited stable positive association with biological yield
per plant, pods per plant, primary branches per plant, plant height and harvest index at genotypic
and phenotypic levels in individually as well as combined over seasons. Path analysis revealed high
positive and direct influence of biological yield per plant with seed yield per plant followed by
harvest index and pods per plant in individual as well as combined over seasons. Pods per plant,
primary branches per plant and plant height contributed to seed yield mainly through indirect effect
via biological yield. Therefore, selection for high biological yield and harvest index would lead to
high seed yield and selection for pods per plant, primary branches per plant and plant height would
facilitate for high biological yield
- Al-Jibouri, H.A. et al. (1958). Agron. J., 50:633-636.
- Chand, P. and Singh, F. (1997). Indian J. Genet., 51:40-42.
- Dasgupta, T. et al. (1992). Annals Agric. Res., 13:157-160.
- Dewey, D.R. and Lu, K.H. (1959). Agron. J., 51:515-518.
- Jeena, A.S. and Arora, P.P. (2001). Legume Res., 24:63-64.
- Mishra, R. et al. (1988). Indian J. Agric. Res., 21:51-57.
- Paliwal, K.K. et al. (1987). Legume Res. 10:47-48.
- Sharma, B.D. et al. (1989). Crop Improv., 16:190-192.
- Singh, K.B. et al. (1990). Euphytica 49:83-88.
- Tripathi, A.K. (1998). Advanc. Pl. Sci., 11:117-120.
- Yadav, V.S. et al. (1999). Annals Agric. Res., 20:461-464.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.