Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Lipid and fatty acid profile in different tissues of wild adult female Cynoglossus gracilis Günther, 1873 in Yangtse Estuary
First Online 23-10-2017|
- An, H. S., Kim, E. M., Kang, H. W., Han, H. S., Lee, J. W. and Park, J. Y. (2013). Comparative genetic diversity of wild and hatchery- produced populations of tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis) using multiplex PCR assays with polymorphic microsatellite markers. Genet. Mol. Res., 12: 6331-6343.
- AOAC. (1990). Official Methods of Analysis, 15th Ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA.
- Bell, J. G., McEvoy, L. A., Estevez, A., Shields, R. J. and Sargent, J. R. (2003). Optimising lipid nutrition in first-feeding flatfish larvae. Aquaculture, 227: 211-220.
- Bell, J. G. and Sargent, J. R. (2003). Arachidonic acid in aquaculture feeds: current status and future opportunities. Aquaculture, 218: 491-499.
- Castell, J., Blair, T., Neil, S., Howes, K., Mercer, S. and Reid, J. (2003). The effect of different HUFA enrichment emulsions on the nutritional value of rotifers (Brachionus plicatilis) fed to larval haddock (Melanogrammus aeglefinus). Aquacult. Int., 11:109-117.
- Cejas, J. R., Almansa, E., Villamandos, J. E., Badia, P., Bolanos, A. and Lorenzo, A. (2003). Lipid and fatty acid composition of ovaries from wild fish and ovaries and eggs from captive fish of white sea bream (Diplodus sargus). Aquaculture, 216: 299-313.
- Chi, H., Hu, Y. H., Xiao, Z. Z. and Sun, L. (2014). Nuclear factor 45 of tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis): Evidence for functional differentiation between two isoforms in immune defense against viral and bacterial pathogens. Dev. Comp. Immunol., 42: 125-131.
- Das, S., Paul, B. N., Sengupta, J. and Datta, A. K. (2009). Beneficial effects of fish oil to human health: A review. Agric. Rev., 30: 199-205.
- Davidson, M. H. (2013). Omega-3 fatty acids: new insights into the pharmacology and biology of docosahexaenoic acid, docosapentaenoic acid, and eicosapentaenoic acid. Curr. Opin. Lipidol., 24: 467-474.
- Izquierdo, M. S., Fernandez-Palacios, H. and Tacon, A. G. J. (2001). Effect of broodstock nutrition on reproductive performance of fish. Aquaculture, 197: 25-42.
- Kaya, Y. and Kocatepe, D. (2014). Chemical composition and nutritional quality of Scorpion fish (Scorpaena porcus, Linnaeus 1758) muscle. Indian J. Anim. Res., 48: 83-87.
- Li, W. G., Zhang, J. R., Mu, W. J. and Wen, H. S. (2013). Cloning, characterization and expression of estrogen receptor beta in the male half-smooth tongue sole, Cynoglossus semilaevis. Fish Physiol. Biochem., 39: 671-682.
- Li, Y. Y., Chen, W. Z., Sun, Z. W., Chen, J. H. and Wu, K. G. (2005). Effects of n-3 HUFA content in broodstock diet on spawning performance and fatty acid composition of eggs and larvae in Plectorhynchus cinctus. Aquaculture, 245: 263-272.
- Lund, I., Steenfeldt, S. J. and Hansen, B. W. (2007). Effect of dietary arachidonic acid, eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid on survival, growth and pigmentation in larvae of common sole (Solea solea L.). Aquaculture, 273: 532-544.
- Ma, A. J., Liu, X. F., Zhai, Y. X., Liu, X. Z. and Zhuang, Z. M. (2006). Biochemical composition in muscle of wild and cultivated tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis Ginther). Mar. Fish Res., 27: 49-54. (in Chinese).
- Ma, Q., Liu, S. F., Zhuang, Z. M., Sun, Z. Z., Liu, C. L. and Su, Y. Q. (2011). Molecular cloning, expression analysis of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) gene and IGF-I serum concentration in female and male Tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Comp. Biochem. Phys. B, 160: 208-214.
- Mai, X. J., Huang, W. J., Ye, F. L., Li, J. E., Wang, Y. X. (2005). Sea water fish reproduction biology and artificial breeding. Beijing, Ocean press. (in Chinese).
- Mazorra, C., Bruce, M., Bell, J. G., Davie, A., Alorend, E., Jordan, N., Rees, J., Papanikos, N., Porter, M. and Bromage, N. (2003). Dietary lipid enhancement of broodstock reproductive performance and egg and larval quality in Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus). Aquaculture, 227: 21-33.
- Norambuena, F., Estevez, A., Bell, G., Carazo, I. and Duncan, N. (2012). Proximate and fatty acid compositions in muscle, liver and gonads of wild versus cultured broodstock of Senegalese sole (Solea senegalensis). Aquaculture, 356: 176-185.
- Ogata, H. Y., Emata, A. C., Garibay, E. S. and Furuita, H. (2004). Fatty acid composition of five candidate aquaculture species in Central Philippines. Aquaculture, 236: 361-375.
- Rezek, T. C., Watanabe, W. O., Harel, M. and Seaton, P. J. (2010). Effects of dietary docosahexaenoic acid (22:6n-3) and arachidonic acid (20:4n-6) on the growth, survival, stress resistance and fatty acid composition in black sea bass Centropristis striata (Linnaeus 1758) larvae. Aquac. Res., 41: 1302-1314.
- Sarma, D., Dhar Das, P., Das, P., Bisht, H.C.S., Akhtar, M.S. and Ciji, A. (2015). Fatty acid, amino acid and mineral composition of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) of Indian Himalaya. Indian J. Anim. Res., 49: 399-404.
- Shi, Z. H., Huang, X. X., Li, W. W., Hu, P., Luo, H. Z. and Fu, R. B. (2008). Analysis of lipid and fatty acid compositions in different tissues of the wild-caught Pampus cinereus broodstocks. J. Fish China, 32: 309-314. (in Chinese).
- Takeuchi, T. (2001). A review of feed development for early life stages of marine finfish in Japan. Aquaculture, 200: 203-222.
- Watanabe, T. and Vassallo-Agius, R. (2003). Broodstock nutrition research on marine finfish in Japan. Aquaculture, 227: 35-61.
- Zhuang, P., Song, C. and Zhang, L. Z. (2008). Comparison of nutritive components of Exopalaemon annandalei and Macrobrachium nipponensis collected from the Yangtze Estuary. Acta Zool. Sin., 54: 822-829. (in Chinese).
- Zhuang, P., Song, C. and Zhang, L. Z. (2009). The nutrients analysis and evaluation of Corbicula fluminea in the Yangtze River Estuary. Acta Nutr. Sin. 31: 304-306. (in Chinese).
- Zhuang, P., Wang, Y. H., Li, S. F., Deng, S. M., Li, C. S., Ni, Y., Zhang, L. Z., Zhang, T., Feng, G. P. and Ling, J. Z. (2006). Fishes of the Yangtze Estuary. The Shanghai Science and Technology Press, Shanghai. (in Chinese).
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.