- Arvanitoyannis, I.S. and Van Houwelingen-Koukaliaroglou, M. (2003). Implementation of chemometrics for quality control and authentication of meat and meat products. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 43: 173-218.
- Boore, J.L. (1999). Animal mitochondrial genomes. Nucleic Acids Research. 27: 1767-1780.
- Chvez, N.A., Salinas, E., Jauregui, J., Palomares, L.A., Macas, K. (2008). Detection of bovine milk adulterated with cheese whey by western blot immunoassay. Food and Agricultural Immunology. 19: 265-272.
- De, S., Brahma, B., Polley, S., Mukherjee, A., Banerjee, D., Gohaina, M., Singh, K.P., Singh, R. Datta, T.K., Goswami, S.L. (2011). Simplex and duplex PCR assays for species specific identification of cattle and buffalo milk and cheese. Food Control. 22: 690-696.
- Girish, P.S., Anjaneyulu, A.S.R., Biswas, K.N., Anand, M., Rajkumar, N., Shivakumar, B.M., Sarma, B. (2004). Sequence analysis of mitochondrial 12S rRNA gene can identify meat species. Meat Science. 66: 551-556.
- Girish, P.S., Anjeneyulu, A.S.R., Viswas, K.N., Santosh, F.H., Bhilegaonkar, K.N., Agarwal, R.K. (2007). Polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism of mitochondrial 12S r RNA gene: A simple method for identification of poultry meat species. Veterinary Research Communications. 31: 447-455.
- Haunshi, S., Basumatary, R., Girish, P.S., Doley, S., Bardoloi, R.K., Kumar, A. (2009). Identification of chicken, duck, pigeon and pig meat by species-specific markers of mitochondrial origin. Meat Science. 83: 454-459.
- Hazra, T., Sharma, V., Sharma, R., De, S., Arora, S., Lal, D. (2017). Detection of cow milk paneer in mixed/buffalo milk paneer through conventional species specific polymerase chain reaction. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 51: 962-966.
- Ilhak, O.I. and Arslan, A. (2007). Identification of meat species by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technique. Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Science. 31: 159-163.
- Ioannis, S.A. and Nikolaos, E.T. (2005). Implementation of quality control methods in conjunction with chemometrics toward authentication of dairy products. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 45: 231-249.
- Karlsson, A.O. and Holmlund, G. (2007).Identification of mammal species using species-specific DNA pyro sequencing. Forensic Science International. 173: 16-20.
- Kim, Y.K., Lee, C.H., Lee, Y.D., Han, S.H. (2019). Development of species-specific PCR for the identification of three grouper fish species (Epinephelus septemfasciatus, E. bruneus and E. akaara). Indian Journal of Animal Research. 53: 482-484.
- King, N.L. (1984). Species identification of cooked meats by enzyme staining of isoelectric focusing gels. Meat Science. 11: 59-72.
- Maede, D. (2006). A strategy for molecular species detection in meat and meat products by PCR-RFLP and DNA sequencing using mitochondrial and chromosomal genetic sequences. European Food Research Technology. 224: 209-217.
- Martin, R., Ubrdale, R.J., Jones, S.J., Hernandez, Y.E., Patterson, R.L.S. (1991). Monoclonal antibody sandwich ELISA for the potential detection of chicken meat in mixtures of raw beef and pork. Meat Science. 30: 23-31.
- Nischala, S. (2016). Detection of mutton and chevon by PCR assay using Cyt-b gene primers. Ph.D thesis, P.V. Narsimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University, Hyderabad, India. 56p.
- Panwar, N., Gahlot, G.C., Gahlot, K., Ashraf, M., Singh, A. (2015). Rapid identification of goat (Capra hircus) and sheep (Ovis aries) species in raw meat using duplex PCR assay. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 49: 537-541.
- Rahman, M.M., Ali, M.E., Hamid, S.B.A., Mustafa, S., Hashim, U., Hanapi, U.K. (2014). Polymerase chain reaction assay targeting cytochrome b gene for the detection of dog meat adulteration in meatball formulation. Meat Science. 97: 404-409.
- Rastogi, G.R., Dharne, M.S., Walujkar, S., Kumar, A., Patole, M.S., Shouche, Y.S. (2007). Species identification and authentication of tissues of animal origin using mitochondrial and nuclear markers. Meat Science. 76: 666-674.
- Sambrook, J. and Russell, D.W. (2001). Molecular Cloning - A Laboratory Manual (3rded.). New York: Cold Spring Harbour Laboratory Press.
- Sosa, M.J.F., Pesini, R.E., Montaya, J., Roncales, P., Perez, M.J.L., Martos, P.A. (2000). Direct and highly species specific detection of pork meat and fat in meat products by PCR amplification of mitochondrial DNA. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. 48: 2829-2832.
- Unseld, M., Beyermann, B., Brandt, P., Hiesel, R. (1995). Identification of the species origin of highly processed meat products by mitochondrial DNA sequences. PCR Methods Applications. 4: 241-243.
- Waghray, K., Gulla, S., Thyagarajan, P., Vinod, G. (2011). Adulteration pattern in different food products sold in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad-India. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research. 30: 117-121.
Submitted Date : 30-03-2020
Accepted Date : 11-01-2021