Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Effect of Fenugreek Seeds and Probiotic Supplementation on Antioxidant Status and Milk Production in Heat Stressed Beetal Goats
First Online 15-07-2020|
- Abd El-Ghani A. (2004). Influence of diet supplementation with yeast culture (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) on performance of Zaraibi goats. Small ruminant Research. 52(3): 223-29.
- Abdul Khaliq A F A. (2012). Feeding effects of fenugreek seeds (Trigonella foenum-graecum) on lactation performance, some serum constituents and prolactin hormone level in Damascus crossbred goats. Diyala Agriculture Sciences Journal. 4(1): 1-4.
- Ahmed A, Alghamdi S S, Mahmood K and Afzal M. (2016). Fenugreek a multipurpose crop: Potentialities and Improvements. Saudi Journal of Biological Science. 23(2): 300–310.
- Akbarian A, Michiels J , Degroote J, Majdeddin M, Golian A and Stefaan D S. (2016). Association between heat stress and oxidative stress in poultry; mitochondrial dysfunction and dietary interventions with phytochemicals. J. Anim. Sci. Biotech. 7: 37 DOI 10.1186/s40104-016-0097-5
- Altan Ö, Pabuçcuoðlu A, Altan A, Konyalioðlu S and Bayraktar H. (2003). Effect of heat stress on oxidative stress, lipid peroxidation and some stress parameters in broilers. British Poultry Science. 44(4): 545-50.
- Balgees A, Atta E, Nuha M J, Ramhatalla S A, Amasiab E O, Mahala A G. (2013). Effect of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) seeds supplementation on feed intake, some metabolic hormones profile, milk yield and milk composition of Nubian goat. Research Journal of Animal Sciences. 7(1): 1-5.
- Boveris A and Chance B. (1973). The mitochondrial generation of hydrogen peroxide. General properties and effect of hyperbaric oxygen. Biochemical Journal. 134(3): 707-16.
- Das R, Sailo L, Verma N, Bharti P, Saikia J, Imtiwati and Kumar R. (2016). Impact of heat stress on health and performance of dairy animals: A review. Veterinary World. 9(3): 260-68.
- EC (European Commission). (2003). Opinion on the use of certain microorganisms as additives in feeding stuffs European Commission, Health and Consumer Protection. Directorate -General, Scientific Opinions.
- EL-Basheir A A. (2015). The addition of Fenugreek seeds to ration on milk yield, composition and kids growth rates of Sudanese Nubian goats. M.Sc. (Animal Production) Thesis. University of Khartoum.
- Formigoni A, Pezzi P, Tassinari M, Bertin G and Andrieu S. (2005). Effect of yeast culture (Yea-Sacc® 1026) supplementation on Italian dairy cow performance. In Proceedings of the 21st Annual Symposium Nutritional Biotechnology in the Feed and Food Industries, (Suppl. 1), Lexington, KY, USA, May, pp. 23-25.
- Habeeb A A. (2018). Oxidative Stress in Animals Exposed to Different Stressful Conditions. Int. J. Nutr. Sci. 3(2): 1027.
- Hasin D, Pampori Z A, Ahmad Sheikh A, Aarif O, Bhat I A and Abdullah M. (2019). Milk production and hormonal profile as affected by Fenugreek supplementation in lactating goats of Kashmir valley. Biological Rhythm Research. pp. 1-8.
- Helal F I S and Abdel-Rahman K A. (2010). Productive performance of lactating ewes fed diets supplementing with dry yeast and/or bentonite as feed additives. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 6(5): 489-98.
- Jouany J P. (2006). Optimizing rumen functions in the close-up transition period and early lactation to drive dry matter intake and energy balance in cows. Animal Reproduction Science. 96: 250-64.
- Kholif A M and Abd El-Gawad M A M. (2001). Medicinal plant seeds supplementation of lactating goats’ diets and its effects on milk and cheese quality and quantity. Egyptian Journal of Dairy Science. 29(1): 139-50.
- Kumar M, Jindal R and Nayyar S. (2011). Influence of heat stress on antioxidant status in beetal goats. Indian Journal of Small Ruminants. 17(2): 178-81.
- Lakritz J, Leonard M J, Eichen P A, Rottinghaus G E, Johnson G C and Spiers D E. (2002). Whole-blood concentrations of glutathione in cattle exposed to heat stress or a combi- -nation of heat stress and endophyte-infected tall fescue toxins in controlled environmental conditions. Am. J. Vet. Res. 63: 799-803.
- Mishra R P. (2009). Role of housing and management in improving productivity efficiency of goats. In: Goat production-processing of milk and meat. 1st Edn. pp 45.
- Ranjan R, Ranjan A, Dhaliwal G S and Patra R C (2012) L-Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) supplementation to optimize health and reproduction in cattle. Vet. Quarterly. 32: 145-50, DOI: 10.1080/01652176.2012.734640
- Sayed M A M, Azoz A A, El-Mahdy A A and Adel-Khalek A M (2005). Some performance aspects of doe rabbits fed diets supplemented with fenugreek seed and aniseed. Dokki (Egypt): Animal production Research Institute.
- Singh H. (2017). Effect of Yea Sacc1026 supplementation on rumen profile, physiological and metabolic status of buffalo calves in summer season. M.V.Sc. thesis. Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Singh S P and Singh D.V. (2014). Impact of yea sacc1026 supplementation to exclusive wheat straw feeding on rumen microflora in buffalo calves. Haryana Veterinarian. 53(2): 148-50.
- Swafford S and Berens P. (2000). Effect of fenugreek on breast milk volume. ABM News and Views. 6(3): 17-26.
- Walsh D M, Kennedy D G, Goodall E A and Kennedy S. (1993). Antioxidant enzyme activity in muscles of calves depleted of vitamin E or selenium or both. British Journal of Nutrition. 70: 1422-29.
- Wang L, Wang Z, Zou H, and Peng Q. (2016). Yeast culture and Vitamin E supplementation alleviates heat stress in dairy goats. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences 29: 6: 814–22.
- Yeotikar P V, Nayyar S, Singh C, Mukhopadhyay C S, Sodhi Kakkar S and Jindal R. (2019). Seasonal variation in oxidative stress markers of Murrah buffaloes in heavy metal exposed areas of Ludhiana. Indian J. Anim. Res. 53: 1310-15.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.