Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Clinical and Morpho-Molecular epidemiology of bovine theileriosis in Kashmir, India
First Online 19-06-2018|
- Alkhaledi, M.J.A. (2008). Epidemiological study of Theileriosis, Babesiosis and Anaplasmosis in cattle of Al Qadisiyaprovince. M.Sc. Thesis., College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Baghdad, pp. 30-68.
- Allsopp, B.A., Baylis, H.A., Allsopp, M.T.E., Cavalier-Smith, T., Bishop, R.P., Carrington, D.M., Sohanpal, B. and Spooner, P. (1993). Discrimination between six species of Theileria using oligonucleotide probes which detect small subunit ribosomal RNA sequences. Parasitology, 107: 157-165.
- Ananda, K.J., D’Souza, P.E. and Puttalakshmamma, G.C. (2009). Prevalence of Haemoprotozoan diseases in crossbred cattle in Bangalore north. Veterinary World, 2(1): 15-16.
- Anandan, R., Lalitha John, M., Ganesamurthy, M. and Lalitha, C.M. (1989). Paper presented in the National Seminar at Department of Animal Disease Investigation and Control, Madras Veterinary College, Madras from 20.9.89 to 21.9.89.
- Ariyaratne, M.E.S.A. De S., Gothami, W.S. and Rajapakse, R.V.P.J. (2014). Application of PCR technique on conforming Theileria infection in cattle and buffaloes with determining the relationship between animal’s PCV and WBC count with infection. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publcation, 4(7): 1-4.
- Barnett, S.F. and Bailey, K.P. (1955). East African Veterinary Research Organisation. Annual Report, Nairobi, 1952-1955: 50.
- Brown, C.G.D. (1990). Control of tropical theileriosis (Theileria annulata infection) of cattle. Parassitologia, 32: 23-31.
- D’Oliveira, C., Vander Weide, M., Habela, M.A., Jacquiet, P. and Jongejan, F. (1995). Detection of Theileria annulata in blood samples of carrier cattle by PCR. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 33: 2665-2669.
- Darghouth, M.A., Sassi, L., Gharbi, M., Soudani, M.C., Karoui, M. and Krichi, A. (2004). Detection of natural infections with Theileria annulata on calves at first theileriosis season: comparison of the Indirect Fluorescent Antibody Test (IFAT) and blood smears. Archieves De I’Institut Pasteur Tunis, 8: 41-45.
- de Castro, J.J. (1997). Sustainable tick and tick-borne disease control in livestock improvement in developing countries. Veterinary Parasitology, 71: 77-97.
- Flach, E.J., Ouhelli, H., Waddington, D., Oudich, M. and Spooner, R.L. (1995). Factors influencing the transmission and incidence of tropical theileriosis (Theileria annulata infection of cattle) in Morocco. Veterinary Parasitology, 59: 177-188.
- Friedhoff, K. and Bose, R. (1994). Recent developments in diagnostics of some tick-borne diseases. Use of applicable biotechnological methods for diagnosing haemoparasites. Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO), Rome, Italy: Proceedings of the expert consultation, Merida, Mexico, pp. 46-57.
- Hoffman, G., Horchner, F., Schein, E. and Gerber, H.C. (1971). Seasonal occurrence of ticks and piroplasma in domestic animals in Asiatic provinces of Turkey. Berliner and Munchener tieraztliche Wochenschrift, 84(3): 152-156.
- Khaminsou, N., Kritpetcharat, O., Daduang, J. and Kritpetcharat, P. (2007). A survey of malarial infection in endemic areas of Savannakhet province, Lao PDR and comparative diagnostic efficiencies of Giemsa staining, Acridine Orange staining and semi-nested multiplex PCR. Parasitology International, 57: 143-149.
- Kocan, K., de La Fuente, J., Blouin, E.F., Coetzee, J.F. and Ewing, S.A. (2010). The natural history of Anaplasma marginale. Veterinary Parasitology, 167: 95-107.
- Kohli, S., Atheya, U.K. and Thapliyal, A. (2014). Prevalence of theileriosis in cross-bred cattle: its detection through blood smear examination and polymerase chain reaction in Dehradun district, Uttarakhand, India. Veterinary World, 7(3):168-171.
- Moorhouse, P.D.S., Musisi, F.L., Mwase, E.T. and Snacken, M. (2001). The epidemiology of bovine theileriosis in Zambia: results of a longitudinal study in Southern Province. Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics.
- Morzaria, S.P., Musoke, A.J. and Latif, A.A. (1988). Recognition of Theileria parva antigens by field sera from Rusinga, Kanya. Kenya Veterinary, 12(2): 88-90.
- Muhammad, G., Saqib, M., Athar, M., Khan, M.Z. and Asi, M.N. (1999). Clinico-epidemiological and therapeutic aspects of bovine theileriosis. Pakistan Veterinary Journal, 19(2): 64-71.
- Muraleedharan, K., Ziauddin, K.S., Hussain, P.M., Seshadri, S.J., Mallikarjun, G.B. and Puttabyatappa, B. (1994). Observations on theilerial infection of cattle in project area of Mysore cooperative milk producers union, Karnataka State. Cheiron, 23(3): 130-139.
- Nair, A.S., Ravindran, R., Lakshmanan, B., Kumar, S.S., Tresamol, P.V., Saseendranath, M., Senthilvel, K., Rao, J.R., Tewari, A.K. and Ghosh, S. (2011). Haemoprotozoa of cattle in Northern Kerala, India. Tropical Biomedicine, 28(1): 68-75.
- Noaman, V. (2014). Comparison of molecular and microscopic technique for detection of Theileria spp.in carrier cattle. Journal of Parasitic Disease, 38(1): 64-67.
- Radostits, O.M., Gay, C.C., Hinchcliff, K.W. and Constable, P.D. (2007). Veterinary medicine: A textbook of the diseases of cattle, horses, sheep, pigs and goats, 10th ed., Elsevier, Philadelphia.
- Rather, S.A., Tak, H. and Kakru, D.K. (2015). Seroprevalence of Haemoprotozoan diseases in ruminants of Kashmir valley. Agricultural Advances, 4(11): 122-128.
- Sambrook, J., Fritsch, E.F. and Maniatis, T. (1989). Molecular Cloning: a Laboratory Manual. Cold Spring Harbour Laboratory Press, New York.
- Shaw, A.A. (1989). Investigation of some infections in the exotic, pure and cross bred cattle of Kashmir Valley. Indian Journal of Comparative Microbiology, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, 10(1): 33-8.
- Tuli, A., Singla, L.D., Sharma, A., Bal, M.S., Filia, G. and Kaur, P. (2015). Molecular epidemiology, risk factors and hematochemical alterations induced by Theileria annulata in bovines of Punjab (India). Acta Parasitologica, 60(3): 378-390.
- Vahora, S.P., Patel, J.V., Patel, B.B., Patel, S.B. and Umale, R.H. (2012). Seasonal incidence of haemoprotozoal diseases in crossbred cattle and buffalo in Kaira and Anand districts of Gujarat, India. Veterinary World, 5(4): 223-225.
- Zahid, I.A., Latif, M. and Baloch, K.B. (2005). Incidence and treatment of theileriasis and babesiasis. Pakistan Veterinary Journal, 25(3): 137-139.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.