- Abdollahzadeh, F and Abdulkarimi, R. (2012). The effects of some agricultural by-products on ruminal fermentation and apparent digestibility of Holstein dairy cow. Life Science Journal 9:81-85.
- Abdollahzadeh, F., Pirmohammadi, R., Farhoomand, P., Fatehi, F. and Pazhoh, F.F.(2010).The effect of ensiled mixed tomato and apple pomace on Holstein dairy cow.Italian Journal of Animal Science 9: 212-216.
- Ahn, J.H., Jo, I.H. and Lee, J.S. (2002). The use of apple pomace in rice straw based diets of Korean native goats (Capra hircus). Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Science 15: 1599-1605.
- AOAC, (2000). Official methods of analysis. 16th edn. Association of official Analytical Chemists. Virginia State, USA.
- Barnett, A. J.G and Reid R. L. (1957) studies on the production of volatile fatty acids from grass by rumen liquor in artificial rumen. The volatilt acid production from fresh grass. J. Agric. Sci. 48:315.
- Beigh, Y. A., Ganai, A.M and Ahmad, H. A. (2015). Utilization of apple pomace as livestock feed : a review. Indian journal of small ruminants 21(2): 165-179.
- Chandel, V., Bishist, R., Vaidya.D.,Kaushal, M. and Sharma, V. K. 2015.Effect of feeding apple pomace on growth performance of crossbred heifers. Indian journal of Animal Nutrition 32 (2): 235-236
- Elanchezhian, N., K. Allay, A.D. Mercy , P. K., Uttinarayanan, P and Usha, A. P. (2014). Effect of replacement of maize with animal fat on cost of production in large Yorkshire pigs. International Journal of Agriculture and Food Science Technology.5: 155- 162.
- Ganai, A.M., Matoo, F.A., Singh, P.K., Ahmad, H.A. and Samoon, M.H. (2006). Chemical composition of some feeds, fodders and plane nutrition of livestock of Kashmir valley.SKUAST Journal of Research 8:145-151
- Ghoreishi, S.F., Pirmohammadi, R. and Yansari, A.T.(2007). Effect of ensiled apple pomace on milk yield, milk composition and dry matter intake of Holstein cows.Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 6: 1074-1078.
- ICAR. (2013). Agricultural Research Data Book.Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi. India
- Moloney, A.P. and Drennan, M.J. (1994). The influence of the basal diet on the effects of yeast culture on ruminal fermentation and digestibility in steers. Animal Feed Science and Technology 50: 55. (cited from Khalifa et al. 2001).
- Narang, M.P. and Lal, R. (1985). Evaluation of some agro industrial wastes in the feed of Jersey calves. Agricultural Wastes 13: 15– 21.
- Narang, M.P., Tiwari, S.P., Kumar, S. and Sankhyan, S. (1991). Evaluation of apple–pomace in the feed of cross–bred calves.ActaVeterinaria (Beograd) 41: 103–108.
- NHB. (2014). Indian Horticulture Database.National Horticulture Board, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India, New Delhi.
- NRC. (2001). Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle. 7th revised edn.National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
- Radostits, M.O., Gay, C.C., Hinchcliff, W.K. and Constable, D.P. (2007). Veterinary Medicine-A text book of diseases of cattle, horses, sheep and goats.Elsevir, Health Science Division 10th edition, 360 Park AvesouthNewyork, 10010-1710.
- Rumsey, T.S. (1978). Ruminal fermentation products and plasma ammonia of fistulated steers fed apple pomace-urea diets. Journal of Animal Science 47: 967-976.
- Sharma, S.P. and Sharma, D.D. (1984). Chemical composition and nutritive value of apple pomace.Asian Journal of Dairy Science 3: 108-110.
- Singhal, K.K., Thakur, S.S. and Sharma, D.D. (1991). Nutritive value of dried and stored apple pomace and its further processing for improved utilization. Indian Journal of Animal Nutrition 8: 213–216.
- Snedecor, G. W and Cochran, W. C. (1994).Statistical methods 8th Ed. Oxford and IBH Publishing Co., New Delhi, India.
- Talapatra, S. K., Ray, S. C and Sen, K. C. (1948). The analysis of mineral contents in biological materials.Estimation of phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium in foodstuffs.Indian Journal of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry.10: 243-258.
- Tiwari, S.P., Narang, M.P. and Dubey, M. (2008). Effect of feeding apple pomace on milk yield and milk composition in crossbred (Red Sindhi x Jersey) cow.Livestock Research for Rural Development 20: 241–246.
- Tiwari, S.P., Narang, M.P. and Kumar, N. (1995). Incorporation of apple pomace in the ration of cross bred calves. Indian Journal of Dairy Science 48: 274-276.
- Van Soest, P.J., Robortson, J.B. and Lewis, B.A. (1991). Methods for dietary fibre, Neutral Detergent fibre and Non-starch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. Journal of Dairy Science 74:3584-3597
- Wanapat M and Cherdthong A. (2009) Use of real-time PCR technique in studying rumen cellulolytic population as affected by level of roughage in swamp buffalo. Current Microbiology. ;58:294–299.
- Yoon, I. K., Stem M. D., (1996). Effect of Saccharomyces cervisiae and Aspergillusoryzae culture on ruminal fermentation in dairy cows.J. Dairy Sci. 79: 411-417.
Submitted Date : 20-04-2016
Accepted Date : 25-05-2017