CLINICO-PATHOLOGICAL ALTERATIONS IN A CASE OF BOVINE (ANAPLASMOSIS)
Citation :- CLINICO-PATHOLOGICAL ALTERATIONS IN A CASE OF BOVINE (ANAPLASMOSIS).Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2014.(48):295-297
A five-year-old Holstein Friesian cow was presented to Teaching Veterinary Clinical Complex, College of Veterinary Science, GADVASU, Ludhiana with a history of tick infestation and high fever. Hematological examination revealed severe Anaplasma marginale infection with reduction in hemoglobin (2 gm/dl), total erythrocyte count (1x106 cells/cu mm) and packed cell volume (6%) with absolute neutrophilia and highly activated platelets. The animal died the next day and sent for post mortem examination. Grossly the carcass was anemic and icteric. There was enlargement of spleen and petechial hemorrhages on heart and kidney. Histopathologically spleen showed lymphoid depletion and hemosiderosis. Kidney revealed tubular degeneration and necrosis besides interstitial hemorrhages. Fatty changes and mild hemorrhages besidesbiliary retention were observed in liver. Myocardial hemorrhages were also evident.
- Alfonso, J., Medina, R., Fazzino, F., Caballero, H. (1996) Acta Cient Venez. 47 (1):50.
- Benjamin, M.M. (2007) Outline of Veterinary Clinical Pathology, 3rd edn. Kalyani publishers, Ludhiana, New Delhi.
- Kuttler, K.L. (1984) J.Wildl.Dis. 20:12
- Luna, L.G. (1968) Manual of Histochemical Staining Methods of Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 3rd edn. McGraw hill Book Co. New York, pp. 32.
- Radostitis, O. M., Gay, C.C., Blood, D.C. and Hinchliff, K.W. (2000) Veterinary Medicine: A Text Book of the Diseases of Cattle, Sheep, Goats and Horses, 9th edn, W.B. Saunders Co., London, New York, Philadelephia, pp: 1261.
- Smith, B.P. (1996) Large Animal Internal Medicine, 2nd edn, Mosby Year Book Inc., New York, pp: 1214.