- Cameron, K.M. and Speakman, J.R. (2011). Reduction of dietary energy density reduces body mass regain following energy restriction in female mice. The Journal of Nutrition. 141: 182–188.
- Dinani, O.P., Tyagi, P.K., Mandal, A.B., Tyagi, P.K. and Dutta, N. (2019). Evaluation of feeding value of rice based Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS) for broiler chickens. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 53: 901-906.
- Friedman, J.M. and Halaas, J.I. (1998). Leptin and the regulation of body weight in mammals. Nature. 395: 763–770.
- Gupta, V., Farooqui, M.M., Prakash, A., Archana, and Verma, A. (2017). Gestational variations in the macro anatomy of the fore stomach of goat (Capra hircus). Indian Journal of Animal Research. 52: 974-982.
- Hambly, C. and Speakman, J.R. (2005). Contribution of different mechanisms to compensation for energy restriction in the mouse. Obesity Research. 13: 1548–1557.
- Ji, H. and Friedman, M.I. (1999). Compensatory hyperphagia after fasting tracks recovery of liver energy status. Physiology and Behavior. 68: 181–186.
- Kouda, K., Nakamura, H. and Kohno, H. (2004). Dietary restriction: effects of short-term fasting on protein uptake and cell death/ proliferation in the rat liver. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development. 125: 375–380.
- Larsenal, P.J. and Hunter, R.G. (2006). The role of CART in body weight homeostasis. Peptides. 27: 1981-1986.
- Lighton, J. (2008). Flow through respirometry: the equations. In: MeasuringMetabolic Rate: A Manual for Scientists. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Manini, T.M. (2010). Energy expenditure and aging. Ageing Research Reviews. 9: 1–11.
- McCue, M.D. (2010). Starvation physiology: Reviewing the different strategies animals use to survive a common challenge. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology. 156: A1–18 .
- Mercer, J.G., Moar, K.M. and Ross, A.W. (2000). Regulation of leptin receptor, POMC and AGRP gene expression by photoperiod and food deprivation in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus of the male Siberian hamster (Phodopus sungorus). Appetite. 32: 109–111.
- Morton, G.J., Cummings, D.E. and Baskin, D.G. (2006). Central nervous system control of food intake and body weight. Nature. 443: 289–295.
- Mustonen, A.M., Saarela, S. and Nieminen, P. (2008). Food deprivation in the common vole (Microtus arvalis) and the tundra vole (Microtus oeconomus). Journal of Comparative Physiology. 178: B199–208.
- Rousseau, K., Actha, Z. and Loudon, A.S.L. (2003). Leptin and seasonal mammals. Journal of Neuroendocrinology. 15: 409–414.
- Sherwin, C.M. (1998). Voluntary wheel running: a review and novel interpretation. Animal Behaviour. 1: 11–27.
- Tups, A. (2009). Physiological models of leptin resistance. Journal of Neuroendocrinology. 21: 961–971.
- Vinus, M.A., Akbar, B.S.T. and Sushil, K. (2018). Effect of dietary supplementation of salts of organic acids on gut morphology and meat quality of broilers. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 52: 1727-1731.
- Visser, M.E., Caro, S.P., Oers, K., Schaper, S.V. and Helm, B. (2010). Phenology, seasonal timing and circannual rhythms: towards a unified framework. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B. 365: 3113–3127.
- Weir, J.B. (1949). New methods for calculating metabolic rate with special reference to protein metabolism. The Journal of Physiology. 109: 1–9.
- Zhang, L.N. and Wang, D.H. (2008). Effects of food restriction and refeeding on energy balance regulation in Mongolian gerbils (Meriones unguiculatus). BFDG Abstracts /Appetite. 51: 751–764.?
- Zhao, Z.J., Liu, J.J., Zhang, H., Yu, R. and Zhao, Y.L. (2011). Body mass and behavior in Swiss mice subjected to continuous or discontinuous food restriction and refeeding. Acta Theriologica. 56: 129–139.
- Zhao, Z.J., Zhu, Q.X., Chen, K.X., Wang, Y.K. and Cao, J. (2013). Energy budget, behavior and leptin in Striped hamsters subjected to food restriction and refeeding. PLoS ONE. 8: e54244.
- Zheng, S.H. (1993). Quaternary rodent fossils in Sichuan and Guizhou. Beijing: Science Press. 28–37.
- Zhu, W.L., Mu, Y.H., Zhang, D., Gao, W.R., Zhang, L. and Wang, Z.K. (2014). Effects of random food deprivation on body mass, behavior and serum leptin levels in Eothenomys miletus (Mammalia: Rodentia: Cricetidae). Italian Journal of Zoology. 81: 227–234.
- Zhu, W.L. and Wang, Z.K. (2015). Seasonal changes in body mass, serum leptin levels and hypothalamic neuropeptide gene expression in male Eothenomys olitor. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology. 184: A83–89.
Submitted Date : 22-05-2019
Accepted Date : 14-09-2019