Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Effects of fermented potato protein supplementation in drinking water on growth performance, carcass characteristics, small intestinal morphology and expression of IGF-1 and GHR genes in the liver of broiler chickens
First Online 25-05-2019|
- Burton, W.G. (1989). The potato: Third Edition. Harlow: Longman Scientific and Technical, New York. pp.742.
- Holt, R.I., Simpson, H.L. Sonksen, P.H. (2003). The role of the growth hormone insulin-like growth factor axis in glucose homeostasis. Diabetes Medicine, 20(1): 3–15.
- Hossner, K.L (2005) Hormonal Regulation of Farm Animal Growth. SPI Publisher Svc. Pondicherry, India. pp.223.
- Kareem, K., Loh, T.C. Foo, H.L. Akit, H. Samsudin, A.A. (2016). Effects of dietary postbiotic and inulin on growth performance, IGF1 and GHR mRNA expression, faecal microbiota and volatile fatty acids in broilers. BMC Veterinary Research, 12: 163- 172. doi: 10.1186/s12917-016-0790-9.
- Karimzadeh, S., Rezaei, M. Yansari, T. (2016) Canola bioactive peptides on performance, digestive enzyme activities, nutrient digestibility, effects of intestinal morphology and gut microflora in broiler chickens. Poultry Science Journal, 4(1): 27-36. DOI: 10.22069/ PSJ.2016.2969.
- Kerr C.A., Goodband, R.D., Smith, J.W., Musser, R.E., Bergstrom, J.R., Nessmith, W.B., Tokach, M.D., Nelssen, J.L. (1998). Evaluation of potato proteins on the growth performance of early-weaned pigs. Journal of Animal Science, 76(12): 3024-3033. DOI: 10.2527/1998.76123024x.
- Livak, K. J., Schmittgen, T.D. (2001): Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2(-Delta Delta C(T)) Method. Methods, 25: 402–408. DOI: 10.1006/meth.2001.1262.
- Li, P.F., Xue, L.F. Zhang, R.F. Piao, X.S. Zeng, Z.K. Zhanl, J.S. (2011) Effects of fermented potato pulp on performance, nutrient digestibility, carcass traits and plasma parameters of growing-finishing pigs. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences, 24(10): 1456–1463. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2011.11169.
- Liu, C., Mcfarland, D.C. Velleman, S.G. (2005). Effect of genetic selection on MyoD and Myogenin expression in turkeys with different growth rates. Poultry Science, 84(3): 376-384. DOI: 10.1093/ps/84.3.376.
- Miura, Y., Kato, H. Noguchi, T. (1992). Effect of dietary proteins on insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) messenger ribonucleic acid content in rat liver. British Journal of Nutrition, 67(2): 257-265.
- Paswan C., Bhattacharya, T.K. Chatterjee, R.N. Nagaraja C.S. and Dushyanth K. (2016). Molecular characterization of promoter of IGF-1 gene in chicken broiler line and its growth performance. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 50(1): 23-26. DOI: 10.18805/ijar.8417.
- Pêksa, A. and Miedzianka, J. (2014). Amino acid composition of enzymatically hydrolysed potato protein preparations. Czech Journal of Food Science, 32(3): 265–272.
- Poltep, K., Tantawet, S. Chanapiwat, P. Korchunjit, J. Kaeoket, K. Wongtawan, T. (2016). Effect of feeding a fermented potato extract protein on piglet growth and immunity. Thai Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 46: 215-216.
- Reddy, V. P., Verma, S., Sharma, D. and Thakur, A. (2019). Role of resistant-proteins in plant innate immunity. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 40(1): 12-20. DOI: 10.18805/ag.R-1854.
- Sarkar, P., Ghosh, S., Batabyal, S., and Chatterjee, S. (2013). Biochemical stress responses of broiler chickens during transport. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 47(1): 29 – 34.
- SAS. (1990). SAS/STATTM User’s Guide (Release 6.03). SAS Inst., Inc. Cary, NC.
- Sardi L., Paganelli R., Parisini P., Simioli M., Martelli G. (2005). The replacement of fishmeal by plant proteins in piglet production. Italian Journal of Animal Science, 4(2): 449-451. DOI: 10.4081/ijas.2005.2s.449.
- Scanes, C.G. (2009). Perspectives on the endocrinology of poultry growth and metabolism. General and Comparative Endocrinology, 163(1-2): 24-32. DOI: 10.1016/j.ygcen.2009. 04.013.
- Souza Filho, P. F., Zamani, A. and Taherzadeh, M. J. (2017). Production of edible fungi from potato protein liquor (PPL) in airlift bioreactor. Fermentation, 3(1): 1-12.
- Sukhanov, S., Yusuke, H. Shai, S.Y. Vaughn, C. Mohler, J. Li, Y. Song, Y.H. Titterington, J. Delafontaine, P. (2007). IGF-1 reduces inflammatory responses, suppresses oxidative stress, and decreases atherosclerosis progression in ApoE-deficient mice. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, 27(12): 2684–2690. DOI: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.107.156257.
- Vesco, A.P., Gasparino, E. Oliveira, A.R. Neto, S.E. Guimaraes, S.M. Marcato, M. Voltolin, D.M. (2013). Dietary methionine effects on IGF-I and GHR mRNA expression in broilers. Genetics and Molecular Research, 12(4): 6414-6423. DOI: 10.4238/ 2013.December.10.2.
- Yusuke, H., Sukhanov, S. Anwar, A. Shai, S.Y. Delafontaine, P. (2010). IGF-1, oxidative stress and atheroprotection. Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, 21(4): 245–254. DOI: 10.1016/j.tem.2009.12.005.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.