Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Effects of the floor type on the gene expression of Hspa1a and cytokines in Holstein dairy cows
First Online 13-02-2019|
- Aitken S. L., Karcher E. L., Rezamand P., Gandy J. C., VandeHaar M. J., Capuco A. V., et al (2009). Evaluation of antioxidant and proinflammatory gene expression in bovine mammary tissue during the periparturient period. Journal of Dairy Science, 92(2): 589-598.
- Ceyhun S. B., Senturk M., Ekinci D., Erdoðan O., Ciltas A., Kocaman, E. M. (2010). Deltamethrin attenuates antioxidant defense system and induces the expression of heat shock protein 70 in rainbow trout. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part C: Toxicology and Pharmacology, 152(2): 215-223.
- Earley B., McDonnell B., and O’Riordan E. G. (2015). Effect of floor type on the performance, physiological and behavioural responses of finishing beef steers.Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica, 57(1): 1.
- Eicher S. D., Lay D. C., Arthington J. D., and Schutz M. M. (2013). Effects of rubber flooring during the first 2 lactations on production, locomotion, hoof health, immune functions, and stress. Journal of Dairy Science, 96(6): 3639-3651.
- Eitam H., Brosh A., Orlov A., Izhaki I., and Shabtay A. (2009). Caloric stress alters fat characteristics and Hsp70 expression in milk somatic cells of lactating beef cows. Cell Stress and Chaperones, 14(2): 173-182.
- Fregonesi J. A., Tucker C. B., and Weary D. M. (2007). Overstocking reduces lying time in dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 90(7): 3349-3354.
- Haley D. B., De Passille A. M., and Rushen J. (2001). Assessing cow comfort: Effects of two floor types and two tie stall designs on the behaviour of lactating dairy cows. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 71(2): 105-117.
- Koçyigit R. (2014). Farklý zemin tiplerinin esmer sýðýrlarda süt verimi ve süt kompozisyonu ile bazý davranýþ özellikleri üzerine etkileri. PhD Thesis. Ataturk University Institute of Science and Technology Erzurum.
- Ma J. L., Zhu Y. H., Zhang, L., Zhuge Z. Y., Liu P. Q., Yan X. D., and Wang J. F. (2011). Serum concentration and mRNA expression in milk somatic cells of toll-like receptor 2, toll-like receptor 4, and cytokines in dairy cows following intramammary inoculation with Escherichia coli. Journal of Dairy Science, 94(12): 5903-5912.
- Metcalf J. A., Roberts S. J., and Sutton J. D. (1992). Variations in blood flow to and from the bovine mammary gland measured using transit time ultrasound and dye dilution. Research in Veterinary Science, 53(1): 59-63.
- Mitev J., Varlyakov I., Miteva T., Vasilev N., Gergovska J., Uzunova K., and Dimova V. (2012). Preferences of freestall housed dairy cows to different bedding materials. Journal of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, 38(2): 135-140.
- Mogensen L., Krohn C. C., Sørensen J. T., Hindhede J., and Nielsen L. H. (1997). Association between resting behaviour and live weight gain in dairy heifers housed in pens with different space allowance and floor type. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 55(1): 11-19.
- Panivivat R., Kegley E. B., Pennington J. A., Kellogg D. W., and Krumpelman S. L. (2004). Growth performance and health of dairy calves bedded with different types of materials. Journal of Dairy Science, 87(11): 3736-3745.
- Parmar, M. S., Madan, A. K., Rastogi, S.K., and Huozha, R. (2015). Expression of heat shock protein 70-1 gene in bovine peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 49(3): 325-327.
- Sailo, L., Gupta, I. D., Verma, A., Das, R., Chaudhari, M. V., and Singh, S. (2016). Polymorphisms in Hsp90ab1 gene and their association with heat tolerance in Sahiwal and Karan Fries cows. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 50(6): 856-861.
- Sarikaya H., Prgomet C., Pfaffl M.W., and Bruckmaier R.M. (2004). Differentiation of leukocytes in bovine milk. Milchwissenschaft- Milk Science International, 59(11-12): 586-589.
- Singla M., Sharma A. K., and Parmar O. S. (2007). Effect of bedding material of different depths on milk yield and udder health of cross bred cows during the winter months. Veterinary Practitioner, 8(1): 73-77.
- Uthaisangsook S., Day N. K., Bahna S. L., Good R. A., and Haraguchi S. (2002). Innate immunity and its role against infections. Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 88(3): 253-265.
- Yang, L., Wang, Y., Ma, X., Wang, S., and Zhang, L. (2016). Changes in expression of Th1 and Th2 cytokines in bovine peripheral blood mononuclear cells during early pregnancy. Indian Journal of Animal Research, , 50(4): 466-470.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.