KARYOTYPE OF ASSAM LOCAL GOATS (Capra hircus)
Citation :- KARYOTYPE OF ASSAM LOCAL GOATS (Capra hircus).Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2011.(45):147 - 149
Studies on karyotype were made on Assam local goats maintained at the Goat Research Station, Assam Agricultural University, Burnihat by using short term peripheral blood lymphocyte culture technique. The diploid number of chromosomes was found to be 60 irrespective of the sexes. The normal karyotype was characterized by 29 pairs of acrocentric autosomes of continuously decreasing length, the largest acrocentric X-chromosome and the smallest metacentric Y-chromosome. No significant differences in the relative length of chromosomes between sexes were observed. Idiograms were prepared using the mean relative length of chromosomes according to the sexes.
- Bhand, A.S. et al. (1998). Indian Vet. J., 75 : 32-34.
- Bhatia, S. and Shanker, V. (1995). Indian J. Anim. Sci., 65 : 592-595.
- Cribiu, E.P. and Matejka, M. (1987). Zuchthyg, 22 : 1-7.
- Hansen, K.M. (1973). Hereditas, 75 : 119-129.
- Lightner, J.K. (2006). J. Creation, 20 (3) : 14-15.
- Luhken, G. et al. (2009). Cytogenet. Genome Res., 125 (2) : 158-161.
- Moorhead, P.S. et al. (1960). Exp. Cell. Res. 20 : 613-616.
- Pattnanayak, G.R. and Patro, B.N. (1986). Indian J. Hered. 18 : 37-46.
- Prakash, B. and Balain, D.S. (1992). In: Recent advances in goat production. Proceedings of papers Presented at V International Conference on Goats, New Delhi, India, March 2-8, pp.630-638.
- Umrikar, U.D. et al. (1998). Indian Vet. J. 75 : 171-173.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1967) Statistical methods 6th et. Oxford & 1 BH PWO. CO. Culcutta.