EFFECT OF ENZYME SUPPLEMENTAION ON DIGESTIBILTY AND METABOLIZABILITY OF NUTRIENTS IN COCKERELS
Citation :- EFFECT OF ENZYME SUPPLEMENTAION ON DIGESTIBILTY AND METABOLIZABILITY OF NUTRIENTS IN COCKERELS .Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2011.(45):143 - 147
A feeding cum digestibility experiment was conducted in cockerels without (T1) or with the addition of a commercial enzyme, T1+ 500 g/ton of feed (T2), with 5 (T3) and 10 % (T4) reduction in Metabolizable Energy (ME) and Crude Protein of the diet supplemented with enzyme @ 500 g/ton of feed. The digestibilities of dry matter, ether extract and fibre were significantly (Pe Energy value in cockerels fed with standard rations supplemented with enzyme mixture.
Digestibility and metabolizability
- AOAC. (1990) Official Methods of Analysis, Association of Official Analytical Chemists, 15th edn.,Washington, D.C.
- BIS. (1992) Requirement for Chicken Feeds. IS:1374–1992, Manak Bhavan, 9 Bahadurshah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110001.
- Friesen, O.D., W. Guenter, R.R. Marquardt and B.A. Rotter, (1992) The effect of enzyme supplementation on the apparent metabolizable energy and nutrient digestibility of wheat, barley, oats and rye for the young broiler chick. Poultry Science., 71:1710-1721.
- Jaroni, D., S.E. Scheideler, M.Beck and C.Wyatt, (1999) The effect of dietary wheat middlings and enzyme supplementation II: Apparent nutrient digestibility, digestive tract size, gut viscosity and gut morphology in two strains of leghorn hens. Poultry Science., 78: 1664 – 1674.
- Manoj Sharma. and B.S.Katoch, (1993) Supplementation of Novozyme SP-243 in the diet of layers having low fibre content. Indian Journal of Animal Nutrition., 10(4): 247-250.
- Rotter, B.A., O.D. Friesen, W. Guenter and R.R. Marquardt, (1990) Influence of enzyme supplementation on the bioavailable energy of barley. Poultry Science., 69: 1174 -1181.
- Slominski, B.A. and C.D. Campbell, (1990) Non starch polysaccharide of canola meal, quantification, digestibility in poultry and potential benefit of dietary enzyme supplementation, J.Sci. Food Agric., 53: 175-184.
- Snedecor, G.W. and W.C. Cochran, (1989) Statistical Methods 8th edn. Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa.
- Svihus B., R.K. Newman and C.W. Newman, (1997) Effect of soaking, germination and enzyme treatment of whole barley on nutritional value and digestive tract parameters of broiler chickens. British Poultry Science., 38: 390-396.
- Ward, N.E, (1995) With dietary modifications, Wheat can be used for poultry. Feed stuffs August 7, pp. 15-16.