AGE AT FIRST CALVING OF ASSAM LOCAL CATTLE AND THEIR CROSSES WITH JERSEY AND HOLSTEIN FRIESIAN UNDER FIELD CONDITION*
Citation :- AGE AT FIRST CALVING OF ASSAM LOCAL CATTLE AND THEIR CROSSES WITH JERSEY AND HOLSTEIN FRIESIAN UNDER FIELD CONDITION*.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2011.(45):70 - 72
The least square means of age at first calving for Jersey X Local, Holstein Friesian X Local and Local cattle of Assam under field condition were 36.526 ± 0.576, 39.972 ± 0.641 and 46.719 ± 0.674 months, respectively. Effect of genetic group on this trait was highly significant (pune to September) seasons had significantly longer age at first calving than those born in post monsoon (October to November) and winter (December to February) seasons.
Age at first calving
Holstein Friesian cross.
- Chaudhury, C. S., Tripathi, V. N. and Gupta, A. K. (1995). Indian J. Dairy Sci., 48: 444.
- Choudhury, R. K. (1980). M. V. Sc. Thesis Assam Agricultural University, Khanapara, Ghuwahati-781022.
- Das, G. C.; Das, D.; Roy,T. C.; Goswami, R. N. and Deka, N. N. (2001). Indian Vet.J., 78: 123.
- Goni, M. O., Miah, A. G., Khan, M. A. S. and Islam, M. N. (2001). Indian J. Anim. Sci., 71: 1166.
- Harvey, W. R. (1975). Agric. Research Service 20, U.S.D.A., Beltsvile, Maryland.
- Kramer, C. Y. (1957). Biometrics, 13: 13.
- Misra, R. K., Roy, P. K. and Pal, P. K. (2001). Indian J. Anim. Reprod., 22: 38.
- Prasad, V. S.; Rao, G. N.; Satyanarayana, A.; Rao, M. R. and Jayaramkrishna, V. (1991). Indian J. Dairy Sci.44: 194.
- Pyne, A. K.; Maitra, D. N.; Sinha, R.; Duttagupta, R. and Roy, S. K. (1986). Indian Vet.J., 63: 305.
- Saha, S.; Majumder, S. C.; Pyne, A. K.; Maitra, D. N. and Roy, S.K. (2000). Indian Vet.J., 77: 803.
- Sarmah, B. K.; Dutta, D. J. ; Dutta, A. and Sarmah, B. C. (2001). Indian Vet.J., 78: 1167.