Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
AVERAGE PERFORMANCE OF VARIOUS FIRST LACTATION 305 DAY AND TEST DAY MILK YIELD IN MURRAH BUFFALOES
- Catillo, G., Macciotta, N. P. P., Carretta, A. and Cappio-Borlino,A., (2002) Effect of age and calving season on lactation curves of milk production traits in Italian water buffaloes. J. Dairy Sci. 85: 1298-1306.
- Dass, G. (1995) Studies on prediction of lactation yield based on test-day values in buffaloes Ph.D thesis, NDRI. Karnal.
- El-Arian. (1986) Genetic analysis of murrah buffalo herd. Ph.D.Thesis, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra (India).
- Geetha, E. (2005) Studies on breeding values for persistency in murrah buffaloes. M.Sc. Thesis, NDRI Deemed University, Karnal (Haryana), India.
- Gupta, J.P. (2009) Evolving selection criteria using growth and production traits in murrah buffaloes. M.V.Sc. Thesis N.D.R.I., Karnal.
- Jamrozik, J. and Schaeffer, L.R. (1997) Estimates of genetic parameters for a test day model with random regressions for yield traits of first lactation Holsteins. J. Dairy. Sci., 80(4): 762-770.
- Katneni, V.K. (2007) Studies on genetic persistency of milk production in murrah buffaloes. Ph.D. Thesis, NDRI (Deemed University), Karnal, India.
- Khosla, S.K., Gill, S.S. and Malhotra, P.K. (1984) Effect of some non-genetic factor on age at first calving and service period in herd book registered murrah buffaloes under village conditions. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 54: 407-412.
- Kumar Rajendra and Bhat, P.N. (1978) A note on factors affecting the shape of lactation curve in buffaloes. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 48(8): 608-610.
- Rana, Z.S., Dalal, D.S., Sangwan, M.L. and Malik, C.P. (2002) Performance status of murrah buffaloes for first lactation traits- a review. Proceedings of 7th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, Montpellier, France, August, 2002 Session 7. 0-3.
- Reddy, K.M. and Mishra, R.R. (1980) Effect of age at first calving on lactation components and calving distribution in murrah buffaloes. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 33: 397- 405.
- Saha, S. (1998) Studies on breeding efficiency in buffaloes. M.Sc. Thesis, National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University), Karnal, India.
- Shabade, N.S., Jagtap, D.Z. and Behla, N.D. (1993) Factors affecting production and production efficiency traits of first lactation in murrah buffaloes. Indian J. Anim. Sci., 63: 1212-1213.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1994) Statistical Methods. Oxford & IBH Publ. Co., New Delhi, India.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.