Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
EFFECT OF AZOLLA (AZOLLA PINNATA) BASED CONCENTRATE MIXTURE ON NUTRIENT UTILIZATION IN BUFFALO BULLS
- Alalade O.A. and Lyayi E.A. (2006). Chemical coposition and the feeding value of Azolla (Azolla pinnata) meal for egg-type chicks. Int. J. Poult. Sci., 5(2): 137-141.
- AOAC. (2000). Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International. 17th Edn. AOAC International, Gaithersburg, MD.
- Ferro P.V. and Ham A.B. (1957). A simple spectrophotometric method for determination of calcium II.A semi micro method with reduce precipitation time. American J. Clin. Path., 28: 208.
- Fiske C.H. and Subba Row Y. (1925). A calorimetric method for determination of phosphorous. J. Biol. Chem., 66: 375-400.
- ICAR. (1998). Nutrient requirements of livestock and Poultry. Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
- Indira D., Sarjan Rao K., Suresh J., Venugopal Naidu K. and Ravi A. (2009). Azolla (Azolla pinnata) as feed supplement in buffalo calves on growth performance. Indian J. Anim. Nutr., 26(4): 345-348.
- Parthasarathy R., Kadirvel and Kathaperumal K. (2002). Azolla as a partial replacement for fish meal in broiler rations. Indian Vet. J., 79(2): 144-146.
- Snedecor, G. W. and Cochran, W.G. (1994). Statistical methods (8th Edn) Oxford and IBH Pub. Co. New Delhi.
- Sreemannarayana D., Ramachandraiah K., Kumar, S.K.M., Ramaiah N.V. and Ramaprasad J. (1993). Utilization of Azolla as rabbit feed. Indian Vet. J., 70: 285-286.
- Talapatra S.K., Ray S.C. and Sen K.C. (1940). The analysis of mineral constituents in biological materials. Part-I. Estimation of phosphorous, chlorine, calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium in foodstuffs. Indian J. Vet. Sci. and Anim. Husb., 10: 243-246.
- Tamang Y., Samanta G., Chakraborty N. and Mondal L. (1992). Nutritive value of azolla (Azolla pinnata) and its potentiality of feeding goats. Env. Eco. 10(2): 455-456.
- Tamang Y. and Samanta G. (1993). Feeding value of azolla (Azolla pinnata) an aquatic fern in Black Bengal goats. Indian J. Anim. Sci., 63(2): 188-191.
- Van Soest P.J., Robertson J.B. and Lewis B.A. (1991). Methods of dietary fibre, neutral detergent fibre and non-starch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. J Dairy Sci., 74: 3583-3597.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.