DETERMINATION OF NUTRITIVE VALUE AND THE EFFECT OF CITRIC ACID PRODUCTION BY-PRODUCT ON BROILER PERFORMANCE
Citation :- DETERMINATION OF NUTRITIVE VALUE AND THE EFFECT OF CITRIC ACID PRODUCTION BY-PRODUCT ON BROILER PERFORMANCE.Indian Journal of Animal Research.2012.(46):143 - 147
This experiment was conducted in order to study the nutritive value of Citric Acid Production By-product (CAPB) and the effect of using it on broiler chicken performance in completely randomized design with 5 treatments and 6 replicates on 420 broiler chicks. Metabolizable energy of CAPB was determined before diets formulation. Performance characteristics were evaluated every week in total period. At 49th day, 3 birds from each experimental unit based on the same average body weight were slaughtered and carcass percent of its components were studied. The results showed that maximum and minimum feed intake were related to 7.5% CAPB, 2.5% CAPB and control diet in total period, respectively. Average weight gain was significant in total period and maximum and minimum of it were in to 5% CAPB and 10% CAPB respectively. Feed conversion ratio was significant in 1-21 days (P
Citric Acid Production By-product (CAPB)
- Aida, M. Farag.Maha, A. Hassan. (2004), Purification, characterization and immobilization of a keratinase from Aspergillus oryzae. Enzyme and Microbial Technol. 34: 85–93.
- Anupama. and Pogaku, Ravindra. (2001), Studies on Production of Single cell protein by Aspergillus niger in solid state fermentation of rice bran. Brazilian archives of biology Technol. 44, 1: 79 – 88.
- AOAC.1990. Official method of analysis. 15th Ed. Assoc. off. Analysis Chemistry .Washington ,D.C.
- Langhout , T. (2000), New additive for brioler chicken. J. Poultry Sci. 16: 22-27.
- National Research Council. (1994). Nutrient requirement of poultry. 8th revised ed., National Academy Press,Washington, D. C.
- Sibbald, I. R., (1986). The TME system of feed evaluation . Methodology , feed composition data and bilography. Technical Bulletin 1986-4E. Research Branch, Agricultuer Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada.