STUDIES ON CERTAIN MACRO AND MICRO MINERALS IN MILK OF CROSSBRED (JERSEY X ASSAM LOCAL) COWS DURING EARLY AND ~ATE PERIODS OF LACTATION
Citation :- STUDIES ON CERTAIN MACRO AND MICRO MINERALS IN MILK OF CROSSBRED (JERSEY X ASSAM LOCAL) COWS DURING EARLY AND ~ATE PERIODS OF LACTATION.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2000.(34):157-158
The inorganic phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and potassium contents of milk in crossbred (Jersey × Assam Local) dairy cows were significantly (P0.01) high during the late period i.e. 105 to 300 days of lactation. However, copper and iron contents in milk were significantly (P0.01) highr at the beginning of the lactation i.e. 15 to 90 days as compared to the late period i.e. 105 to 300 days of lactation. lthough manganese and zinc contents in milk did not differ significantly between these two periods, it appears to be high at the beginning of lactation.
- Fick, K.R. et al., (1979). Methods of Mineral Analysis for Plant and Animal Tissues. 2nd edn.
- Department of Animal Science, University of Florida, Gainesville.
- Harris, W.O. and Popat, P. (1954). Amer. Oil Chern. Soc. J. 31 : 124:'
- Joshi, M.D. (1994). Indian. J. Dairy Sci. 47 : 94-97.
- Mathapati, 5.5. and Bhat, G.S. (1988). Indian J. Dairy Sci. 47 : 171-176.
- Pei)ker, Mand and Faulkner, A. (1983). In : Proceeding of Nutrition Society. 42 : 419-425.
- R~nner, E. (1989). Micro nutrient in milk and milk • based food products. Dairy science . section. Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Federal Republic of Germany. Page - 25. .. Singh, R. et a/., (1988). Recent Adv. in buffalo' Research Recommendation of 2nd World . Buffalo Congress. Page· 109.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1973). Statistical Methods. 6th edn. Oxford and IBH Publishing Co., Bombay_