GENETIC EVALUATION OF CALIFORNIAN WHITE RABBITS FOR FEED CONVERSION EFFICIENCY·
Citation :- GENETIC EVALUATION OF CALIFORNIAN WHITE RABBITS FOR FEED CONVERSION EFFICIENCY·.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2002.(36):150 - 152
A feed conversion efficiency experiment was conducted on 21 Californian White bunnies from 5 to 16 weeks of age. Month of birth had significant influence on weight gain and feed conversion efficiency, while the sex of bunny did not affect the feed intake, weight gain and feed conversion efficiency significantly. The heritabilities, genetic and phenotypic correlations were estimated for the feed intake, weight gain and feed conversion efficiency.
- Becker, W.A. (1985). Manual of Quantitative Genetics. Program in Genetics, Washington State University.
- Harvey, w.R. (1979). Least Squares Analysis of Data with Unequal Sub-class Numbers, USDA, Agricultural Research Service.
- ,Jensen, N.E. and Rasmussen, B. '(1983). Beretning frastatens Husdrybrugs Forsog 545, pp 40 Cited from Anim. BreedAbstr. 54: 3361.
- Lampo, P. and Vanden, B.L. (1976) Archiv fur Geflugelkunde, 40:221-224. Cited from Anim. Breed. Abstr. 45: 6244.
- Prasad, KV.S. (1993). M.v.Sc. Thesis, Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University.
- Rod.ellar, C. et aI. (1991). J. Appl. Rabbit. Res., 14: 109-111