PRE-WEANING MORTALITY PATTERN IN OSMANABADI CROSSBRED GOATS
Citation :- PRE-WEANING MORTALITY PATTERN IN OSMANABADI CROSSBRED GOATS.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2004.(38):75 - 76
Total 298 kids out of total 1463 of different Osmanabadi cross breeds died out of total 1463 kids born during the period of January 1985 to December 1999. The pre-weaning mortality of these kids was studied to see the influence of sex, age, and breed on mortality trend. All the factors had significant effect on mortality trend. In general the mortality was more in males than females. Similarly among the age group the kids of below one month of age were more victims of death than of later age groups
- Fedrer, W.T. (1967). Experimental Designs, theory and Practice. Oxford and IBH Publ., Calcutta.
- Joshi D.V. et al. (1989). Indian J Vet. Path., 13: 33.
- Lal, Krishnan et al. (1979). Indian Vet. Medic. J, 3: 15.
- Lodh, C. etal. (1993). Indian Vet. J, 70: 48.
- Mohanty, B.C. etal (2002). IndianJ Anim. Sci., 72: 545-547.
- Peer et al. (1998). Indian Vet. J, 75: 46.
- Singh, O.N. and Singh, L.B. (1970). Indian J Anim. Sci., 40: 430.
- Sudhan, N.A. etal. (1990). Indian Vet. J, 67: 51.
- Sudhan, NA and Risam, K.S. (1991).lndian Vet. Medic. J, 15: 60.
- Vihan, V.S. et al. (1982). Indian Vet. J, 59: 138.